PDA

View Full Version : I'm New Here (could do with help on Panic Attacks, Depression and Anxiety)

Lil
20-02-10, 01:43
Hi,

I've recently discovered no more panic after earlier today whilst desperatly trying to find out more information on panic attacks due to one this morning.

I'm 16, I've been diagnosed with depression by my GP and am trying to get help but all I've been offered is counciling (which I don't think will help because I'm scared to talk to people about personal things!).

Recently, I've started to reconise some of the most common symptoms of anxiety, and after the panic attack this morning, of which isn't the first I've had, I have concluded that my condition is getting worse.

I've been trying to find out more about panic attacks and as to how often they occur, what triggers them and, dispite being reasured by various sites that they are perfectly harmless, how they can affect ones self, so I thought it best to ask.

I have so many questions i just don't know where to start!
Is it likely that my panic attacks my happen more frequently?
Is counciling really going to cure my depression and anxiety?
How can I hold my self together whilst I have exams?!

Thank you for taking your time to read this, any comments would be much appriciated.

Thanks again, Lil x (Jasmin)

looking4answers
20-02-10, 01:55
Start at the begining and search the forums here ,they will give you many of your answers.. Post a question ,we probably have all felt exactly what you are

Panic attacks subside and then sometime out of nowhere they come back and other times they never leave totally but then sometimes they never come back depends on you.

Counciling helped me a lot and over the years has given me ways to cope ,yes counciling is good..

Yes on exams.. you will be fine..dont worry ,try to relax and think of other things to the point you don't have time to think of yourself and you will be ok..I have faith you will be more than fine.. Michael

Lil
20-02-10, 02:27
Thank you so much Michael x
I shall search through the forums in the morning!
Lil x

andrea thompson
20-02-10, 02:58
hi hon
look up your symptoms on here... it always really helps me.. it re assures me that it is panic and anxiety.... if my panic is really bad i get a hot bath it really calms me down.... you will get loads of help on here.. i did...

take care

andrea x x

loulouham
20-02-10, 23:42
Hi Jasmin, I found this site really helpful and it has helped me realise that I am not alone in feeling the way I do and that in itself is a big step forward. Once you can make some sense of why you feel the way you do it does help. Reading that your symptoms have a real physical cause is a comfort. How you are feeling is normal and more people than you realise feel exactly the same. If you are open and honest with people you will find that loads of people will say that they suffer in the same way to some extent. Try to talk to your family and friends. The worst thing you can do is bottle it up and pretend everything is OK. At your age you have so many stresses and pressures on you so it isn't suprising that you sometimes feel this way. Use this site whenever you are feeling stresses or anxious and it will help. Best wishes, X

linjoy
21-02-10, 22:10
Hi Lil,
Hope you are feeling better, try and get hold of a copy of 'Self Help for Your Nerves ' by Claire Weeks, you can buy it at W H Smith's it explains a lot about anxiety symptoms,and how to over come them, its very good. Remember your not alone everyone on this site is a fellow sufferer
Take care
Linda

Lil
21-02-10, 22:54
Thank you everyone,
I've had a read through some of the articals and have found them really helpful, and I feel a little better for knowing what it is I'm experiencing and that I'm not the only one
Thanks again, Lil x :flowers:

ditzygirl
22-02-10, 13:51
Don't be afraid of councelling - it will take guts to visit a counsellor and maybe you're not in the right place just now, but you may be surprised at how empowering counselling can be. Its all about you and no one will judge you, you just get to talk and it might really help. I've attended several times, its always an effort and I think why am I wasting my time but afterwards the relief is amazing. You have nothing to loose.

Hang on in there - ur not alonexxx