PDA

View Full Version : Weird pressure in head?

NeverRelaxed
20-02-10, 03:31
I get this worrying pressure in my head when I move quickly or walk around sometimes..I can feel it in the sides of my head and up the back of my head too...what with feeling dizzy/lightheaded for the past two months you can imagine it doesnt sit well with me..Im being good and havent googled anything and Ive arranged a doctors apptmnt..But I might as well have not because they'll just send me home with a diagnosis of anxiety...I hate nt being taken srsly!

sammie23
20-02-10, 09:11
My doctors are the same sweet. Im sooo sick of them and being sent away every time with the old its anxciety, gets boring after abit. What you are describing sounds like what iv had for the past few weeks except the prssure feeling has been there constantly for about 2 weeks and doesnt seem to be getting any better. I did google it and it come back with saying anxciety on many sites, which makes me feel abit better. Hope this helps x

hopefulis
20-02-10, 11:19
I get this a lot and have come to realise it is muscle tension in my head and scalp which gives the pressure feeling. I freaked out about it loads at the beginning then when I understood what it was it didn't bother me quite so much. Your head has loads of interlinked muscles all over your neck, scalp and face and can cause really unpleasant sensations when they are tense. I clench my jaw and gring my teeth a lot in my sleep which I think causes a lot of this for me.

You could try heat or massage to help relax the muscles or some form of exercise?

Lisa x