PDA

View Full Version : Scared - 5 palps in 20 mins

SamanthaAU
20-02-10, 10:03
I am so scared - I have just had 5 really big palpatations in the last 20 mins out of the blue. I have been having them a lot lately - but I wasn't feeling stressed or anxious when I got them.

Felt a little dizzy too - I am scared I am about to have a heart attack. My husband is on call tonight too so now I am worried he may go out and I will die here alone with my kids.

I am having a holter monitor on Monday (Saturday night here) and I am scared I won't make it to then.

gypsywomen
20-02-10, 10:09
you will be ok ..if your very worried or it gets worse ring nhs direct just to check but sounds like bad anxiety ,,

SamanthaAU
20-02-10, 10:23
Oh gosh, now I am really scared. Do you think it is something worry about? We don't have NHS direct here, I am in Australia.

My only option would be to go to Emergency, but I have my kids and no one to watch them if i was to go.

marley
20-02-10, 10:40
If you're worried, you can call health direct (if I remember correctly, you're in NSW?) on 1800 022 222. It's free from your landline.

marley
20-02-10, 10:43
Also, you have the option of calling an after hours locum service. They are a doctor who comes to your home. They often bulk bill. To contact a locum, call either your local hospital and ask for details, or your local medical centre.

SamanthaAU
20-02-10, 10:48
I know all they will do is assess my symptoms and then tell me to go to the ER :(

Do anxious people get palps when they aren't obviously feeling anxious?

Typer
20-02-10, 10:52
Yes they do. They come out of the blue. Sometimes I have 10 or 20 in one hour. Thus, thud, thud. They make me dizzy. The more anxious I become, the more I have.

gypsywomen
20-02-10, 11:04
yes not trying to worry you but if your getting a lot and docter putting you on a moniter on monday to check ,, its best to keep an eye on how often they come ,there are other reasons win and tum probs can cause it

amandaj
20-02-10, 11:30
hi samantha i have suffered with these alot in the past ,had them all night b4 ,they cant and wont hurt you , even though at the time its really scary the more anxious you get the worse they become ,try to relax a little i know thats easier said than done aswell hope you are ok

amandaxx