PDA

View Full Version : women please would you answer me im worried

julia
20-02-10, 17:39
hello,im working myself up into an anxiety state over hormones,im 43 and have found instead of getting irratatable b4 my period i nowfeel quite low during and just after. i also get dizzy ,just coming up to starting but my mood changes to feeling v iffy and low ,the rest of the time im not to bad and i feel so scared im so affected by hormones has any one else felt this why am i affected during and after my period not b4????:wacko:

nikkinoo
20-02-10, 18:02
Hi Julia,
I think it must be to do with our age!!! lol. I am 44 and I have noticed the same thing as you! I hardly notice my period arriving some months as I am so calm, although the dizzy spells do occur leading up to it starting. Instead of the odd wobbly thrown before I am due, I find it now happens during, along with tearfulness over the silly things. I also feel dizzy up until a couple of days afterwards and feel fed up! It must be to do with hormone levels going up and down.
I hope this helps, knowing you are not alone?
Kindest regards Nikki. :-) x

julia
20-02-10, 18:08
nikki thank yu i was soo worried my anxiety justseemed to get a hold i felt a bit low then bam that dreaded adrenaline rush hit and i felt i was going mad all because i had been thinking about how i was feeling with my period its just soooo odd you helped me incredibly

BornWorrier
20-02-10, 18:18
Hiya

Well, I'm 40 and I have to say that I've noticed things beginning to feel different at that time of the month too. We're in the perimenopause, where things are starting to wind down hormonally.

I've also found that I feel tense before, during and after my period. I've also started to get period pains again - not had those buggers for about 10 years!!!

Really, I don't think you have anything at all to worry about. Just the joys of being female ;)

julia
20-02-10, 18:28
can i just ask you ,i must be supr sensitive just flicking through forums came upon somebody mentiond suicidal tendancies i suddenly felt really panicky and sick to the tummy now im questioning everything :lac:

gypsywomen
20-02-10, 19:00
tryto relax ,,, your not alone ,,anxiety makes ou feel very strange sometimes xx

ann01
20-02-10, 20:28
i am exactly the same Julia, i used to have problems before my period but now im a mess the week during and the week after, i am more dizzy during this time too, also ive now gone to a 3 week cycle so fed up with them, i am 41 by the way. my anxiety is always very high around the time of the month too. im dreading going the change properly is now is anything to go by, i am actually going to the herbalist on monday to see if they can advise on any good products.
Good luck
Ann x

Slothette
20-02-10, 21:58
I'm the same Julia - I'm 46 and feel low and tearful too. And I get very dizzy. Like ann01 I've had a couple of 3 week cycles over the last six months. It's our age hun. :wacko:

Cell block H fan
21-02-10, 01:15
Well i'm only 39 & yet this month ive noticed I am a right ratty cow today & my period stopped yesterday! Its been a particularly rubbish week for me though health wise, so that may be why. But I too usually get the stressy bit pre period. This month is more after though!