PDA

View Full Version : Is this really anxiety??

Lou 1
20-02-10, 20:07
I've been doing quite well for the past few months, but just recently my horrible feelings have started to return.

I dont know how to describe how i feel other than i just dont feel right, i feel like any minute im about to drop down dead. I've become really freaked out at the thought of fainting and whenever i feel a little fuzzy even tired or shaky with hunger i'm convinced i will faint and never wake up! i have to check my heartbeat constantly when i feel like this (although im not sure what relevance that has)
I have this horrible pressure in the left side of my head and sometimes i can feel a very strange fizzing inside my head??
I feel shaky a lot (this is not visible to anyone) and i feel like the room is moving.
Sometimes i have this really weird thing that happens when im asleep, it usally feels like im waking up but u cant speak or move, im so sure that i've got out of bed and fallen on the floor but my partner says i never did, im not sure if its just a very weird dream as im usually very drowsy when it happens, either way its making me very paniky.

Ive had blood tests which were all fine, and i've asked for further tests but my gp says there are no tests i can have done and im suffering from anxiety, i dont feel anxious i just feel very paniky and feel like i need to get up and run as fast as i can (does that make sense?)

I have this horrible feeling of dread and also feel really emotional like i could just cry at any minute, i really feel like im going to go insaine.
surely anxiety/panic cant make u feel so bad?

any advice pls?

Utility
20-02-10, 21:34
Hi

The fact that you have been checked out by your GP and it has been confirmed as anxiety is your answer. All the things you describe are classic to this and in this respect you can now move forward.

Have you had a proper read of the information on this website, it is really helpful. Also ask your GP about CBT treatment, try relaxation methods, exercise, don't drink too much alcohol, eat a balanced diet and get plenty of sleep.

Things will improve.

ally b
20-02-10, 22:00
hi lou1

not advise as such. are you on med? if so which?

Im on citalopram.what your saying i completly ( well lets just say i thought it was my post).understand.

Are you able to go outside, because of these feeling/sensations?

sorry, i need feedback 2,its so hard to explain 2 loved 1s and friends just how you feel.
The only answer i can give is the 1 i get,an yes they all say its anxiety.

it often makes me wounder!!!!!!!!

:scared15: most of the time.

Jannie2948
20-02-10, 22:24
Hi there Lou 1, it sounds exactly like anxiety to me. I've had all of those things you describe, the strange feeling of being awake but unable to move or say anything, horrible feeling. I suffer with anxiety and panic attacks, started towards the end of last year and I am on Citalopram and feel like I have improved a great deal, have just had my dose increased as still get the odd bad day, but compared to what I was, I feel so much better. Are you on medication? I know what you mean about feeling like you are going to cry and going insane, I was just like that, I felt like I was screaming inside and would get home from work and just cry and feel so terribly ill. All that has gone since being on medication. Hope you soon start to feel better.

Jannie x x

Lou 1
21-02-10, 14:29
Hi thanks for ur replies - i was prescribed citalopram and beta blockers although i havent taken any of them as i dont like the idea of it.
ally b - i have times where i dont want to go out because im soo anxious, but i make myself because i know if i dont i'll never get better, i cant really concentrate when i do go out im just conentrating on making sure im ok - but it still feels like an acheivement to go out.

Typer
21-02-10, 18:59
I get every feeling you describe, plus I have the sensation down my left side of weakness too.

As for being awake but not able to move....this is very common and I have experienced it many times. Some people even continue to dream while awake. I think it is called sleep paralysis.