PDA

View Full Version : does anyone feel like they are going to fall over

angieboo
21-02-10, 00:40
hello
i sometimes get the feeling that im going to fall over while walking and it feels like im swaying back side to side anyone else gets it when i do it really stresses me out so i panic even more and i get very short tempered when i do have it:hugs:

liftmeup
21-02-10, 00:50
Yes, I get this and it really gets my anxiety going too. When I try to explain it to someone I tell them I feel drunk.:wacko: The feeling can last all day or for a shorter period of time. I hate it!

cattttt
21-02-10, 02:36
Yes, I get this too, it makes me start to panic, but it's happened so often that I can get myself under control and get to somewhere I can stop and calm down. Just carrying on with what I'm doing helps most times.

looking4answers
21-02-10, 03:44
Every minute of everyday for four years

MOJO
21-02-10, 10:28
Yes, I get it a lot. It's really scarey. I try to carry on and ignore it but that's easier said than done. I feel like it even when I'm sitting down it's not just when I'm moving about. Very frightening....

gypsywomen
21-02-10, 10:38
me to or when bend down head spins

Jannie2948
21-02-10, 11:38
I get this as well, really horrible and feels like if you move your head too quickly you are going to fall. Lightheaded and dizziness is blooming awful. Had it for some time but don't get it every day.

Jannie x x

mummy4
21-02-10, 11:54
i get this feeling too and like you when i feel this way i start to panic more its like a vicious circle! x

angieboo
21-02-10, 12:24
thankyou so much all for replying it makes me a feel a little better knowing its not just me i thought it was just me but it is very scary hopefully i can start controlling it so dont make it worse as when i panic it makes it ten times worse.thankyou every one for replying:yesyes:

Typer
21-02-10, 18:31
Oh yes, me too, every day sometimes for hours, sometimes a few minutes at a time. Eyes cannot focus either sometimes, everything seems to sway. Certain lights bring it on or make it worse - too bright, too dim, fluorescent lights all add to the dizzy feelings

Annabelle
21-02-10, 21:06
hi all

iv mentioned this before else where but if you suffer from relentless dizzyness it might not just be amxiety (although anxiety doesnt halp at all!) I was diagnosed with migraine associated vertigo which left me with that drunk feeling, like the floor is moving, like im gently rocking or swaying even though im still or like my brain is moving backwards and forwards inside my head.
You may not have it but its worth a look as it can be treated with migraine medication - my anxiety has improved greatly since i have got the dizzys under control.

there is a link between anxiety and vestibular (balance) disorders - its worth googling it because if you have it - it can be treated.

anna xxx

nevway
22-02-10, 15:25
I've had the unsteady feelings on & off for 12 years. Even when standing still I find myself hanging on to anything for support - legs just feel like theyre going to give way.

expecto patronum
22-02-10, 15:49
I had this a few years ago; I can't describe how much I used to hate it, it ruled my life for 6 months. Then I just started to realise that it didn't have to be so terrible and I started taking enjoyment in things again, while still having the symptom 24/7; I'm not sure how this change in attitude came about, but now I only get it occasionally when tired, or sometimes just randomly, but it doesn't bother me. You might think that you'll never stop fearing and hating this symptom, but if I did it, you can too.