PDA

View Full Version : Can't cope :(

Tomimo
04-01-06, 22:00
How can I feel so rubbish? :(

I'd like to think that I am a happy, nice intelligent woman.

Everyone I know says that I don't come accross as the anxious type. When I'm talk to people or go to work I can cope like a 'normal' person and I am friendly and chatty and well.....'normal'.

So how is it that I can feel this bad, that I can get so lost in my own thoughts that I feel like I am really going mad and that they should cart me off to the funny farm.

I'm going to make another appointment to go back to the doctor tomorrow but it feels pointless because what else can they do.

I've tried telling myself "it only anxiety, it will pass" and "they're only thoughts, they won't happen" or "you won't really go mad" but it doesn't feel that way.

I've just taken some propranolol so I am hoping they work soon but I just feel that I can't cope with this.

Annie x

LisaS
04-01-06, 22:48
sorry to hear you are struggling annie - it really sucks I know.

But and a big BUT - it will pass and you will feel better.. just try so hard to go with it. Someone wrote something once that really helped me and that was to try and think so what and think that tomorrow you are still not going to feel good but as time goes by you look back at today and realise that you have made progress.
The thoughts were/are the worst part for me too, i dont even fear the panics anymore and subsequently haven't had one for ages!
you will get there and we will help you through it..

big hug,
lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

freakedout
04-01-06, 23:03
Hi Annie,

((((((big hugs))))))

Sorry you are being tormented by your thoughts. If only we could switch them off when it suits us eh?

Good luck at the doctors, take it easy.

thinking of you,

Louisa

sal
05-01-06, 00:03
Hi Annie

I have been where you are and i know how hard it is. It does get easier i promise you that. You are not alone and we will help you all we can.

So many people understand you on here and will offer any support we can.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".