PDA

View Full Version : Feel im going to die..its very bad

Mikey27
21-02-10, 06:18
Well..basicly..im 27..i started having breathing problems about 2 years ago...the first times started with my heart starting to beat fast.i feel like im suffocating...it went for about 2-3 minutes...i panic and feel im going to die.I found myself calling the ambilance many times but they arrive i feel ok.This would happen to me once every one or two months.Then lately it got more complicated...When the attacks hit me...it really hits me hard..to a point myhands and arms start to numb...my neck and my face...and i can feel it gowin up to my head...I feel im gonna die..but as soon as i think its my last breath of life...it calms down.Lately i just feel a pressure pressin on my rib cage and on my chest like its tight...I cant take this any longer and i really think im going to die.Im so scared.Last time it happened was 3 days ago and again when the ambulance came..i felt better...they asked me if i wanted to go to the hospital and i refused.Now as we speak I just feel weak...i cant breath probably but not to a point to have one of my crisis...i feel my head is heavy my back hurt..and i feel like my rib cage is pressin my lungs...i always was told it was stress that caused anxiety attacks...im fed up..im going to the hospital...i will post more to give you an update on my situation...anyone can write me on my email escodinero@hotmail.com

gypsywomen
21-02-10, 08:06
hi i hopeall wet well for you and you feel calmer yes anxiety is so bad sometimes makes us feel terrible you will be ok

Jannie2948
21-02-10, 11:17
Hi there, this sounds like a classic panic attack. I remember my first one and I had to leave work and get a train home! I thought I was actually going to die on the train. I couldn't breath, walking was a struggle and I just felt so weak. I phone dr's and they told me over the phone I had a virus!! I new it wasn't and I knew I was having a panic attack, had them in the past but not as bad as that one. I am now on meds and I feel so much better. I hope you get the help you need and you should go to your dr and tell them your symptoms and I'm sure you will find that it is panic. Maybe get some meds to get you through it. I wish you well.

Jannie x x

Veronica H
21-02-10, 11:42
:bighug1:Hi Mikey. Many of us here have been where you are now. This is an illness of the way we think and thoughts become feelings almost instantly when our nerves are sensitised. The physical symptoms are so real and powerful that it is hard to accept that our thoughts are triggering our fight or flight response just as it would if a huge tiger were about to pounce on us.
There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Here is a link to her site;

http://www.drclaireweekes.co.uk/

Have you seen your Doctor? There is help available with meds which will give some relief while your nerves recover.

Veronicax

Jannie2948
21-02-10, 11:57
I'd agree with that Veronica. Read a couple of Claire Weekes books, my boss at work pointed me in her direction, and they are excellent. Really helped me when I was bad, and they are so easy to read and understand. I keep them by my bed and if I wake and feel anxious I always have a little read of them :-)

Jannie x x