PDA

View Full Version : leukemia(after google it)

wotcanisay
21-02-10, 12:31
sorry guys again it's me sorry for wasting every one time

every since i had cold 2 weeks ago i read about leukemia(after google it). since then i had the sympton's cough, headache, muscle ache in my arm,the only one i not had is a lost of weigh.
i been to my doctor 3 times with this worry.
he listen to my chest, look at the back my throat, and felt round my throat glands.
then he sat me down told me there no signs of leukemia and said if there was something he pick something up when he did that cheek up.

so what i ask if this is true why don't i believe this guy who been a doctor longer then i been alive.

thank you for reading any post most welcome

wotcanisay
21-02-10, 16:03
any advice most welcomed

Utility
21-02-10, 16:33
Hi

beanie
21-02-10, 16:35
I know it is difficult to trust doctors - I have constantly swapped and changed mine until I have found one until I do actually trust. It is very hard to believe them sometimes, especially when our HA is getting the better of us, but if they were genuinely concerned then they would certainly do something. They know the big warning signs for these conditions and would send you to get checked.

I got screened for lymphoma and leukemia last year as I had had a swollen lymph node in my neck for about 5 years that had never gone down after I had glandular fever. The doctor sent me to the haematologist at the hosp where I found I did have more of the associated symptoms and did not realise, but the doctor was not concerned. I had everything that it is possible to check on a blood test checked and was given the all clear. For some reason my lymph node just wants to stay swollen! He told me that you would really know if you had one of these conditions so I should not be worried. You really would become very ill.

I know it is easy for me to say but based on my own experiences what you are describing are just symptoms hanging around from after your cold, or just generally being run down. A million and one things can cause us to have coughs and aches, and I think your anxiety is making you imagine it to be something it's not (which regularly happens to me). If your doctor has checked you for the signs he would be worried about and you are fine, then I know it is hard but you need to try and be reassured. Believe me, I was worried about my massive lymph node as that is one of the big signs of these conditions, especially when the doc told me I did have the ass symptoms, but i am totally fine. Try and trust your doc - these are serious conditions, they know what to look for. My doc recognised my signs and sent me off to see the relevant person. If you are still worried, try seeing a new doc :)

As all of us with HA know, google is evil!!!

Utility
21-02-10, 16:48
Hi

Health anxiety is an illness phobia within the OCD field. You may continually want to be examined and reassured that nothing is wrong but are unable to accept that there is nothing wrong. It is case of trying to break this cycle of feeding your fear and this can be done through a positive thought process.

Don't home in on the negatives but instead look at the positives - you have been examined by your GP and you don't have luekemia. That is a big positive and remind yourself of that.

Also please accept that every hour of every day lots of people get coughs, aches, sore throats, headaches, tingling, dizzyness and so on and so on and just think of it as that. They don't look for anything more sinister.

Your system at the moment is super sensitive to these feelings and is using them to reinforce the irrational thoughts that you are experiencing. Try and accept them as just feelings and think nothing more of them and they will soon dissapear.

wotcanisay
21-02-10, 17:43
hello beanie, Utility thank you for the replys

i trust my doctor but i always worry with my HA i worry that they dont trust me

these symptoms headache arm pains only started after i google
and the aches i am getting are on off pain's

Utility
21-02-10, 19:10
Hi

Exactly! The pains are only noticeable when you think about them but when you are distracted or concentrating on other things they go away. All because it is an anxiety related issue and not leukemia

wotcanisay
22-02-10, 13:11
need to ask something that may sound odd

how do you know when you need to cough or when you cough for the sake of it cause of anxiety?

wotcanisay
22-02-10, 15:15
also the cough feels like its coming from my throat
and its just a *cough ccough*

any help welcomed:hugs:

mikhail1028
22-02-10, 21:08
Google also started my HA as of now im staying away from google for good

The more info you get the more worries you have

Starscream
22-02-10, 21:23
Google also started my HA as of now im staying away from google for good

The more info you get the more worries you have

Great attitude Mikhail. Good for you.

Google started mine too.

Although Wikipedia didn't help either.

Google always throws up websites you wouldn't normally look at if you didn't have HA. And if you did look at them you'd dismiss them and trust a doctor.

I have stayed way way clear of Google today.

wotcanisay
22-02-10, 22:04
both are great post

well i dont know why i believe some rondom site more then a doctor is plan dumb
has my mum use to say when i get worry about case they miss something
its more then what there job is worth

just got to try get on with my life

mikhail1028
23-02-10, 03:17
There are alot of things that we should worry more,,,

We should learn to trust our bodies and instincts