PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me that feels like this?

ladybird64
21-02-10, 12:39
I want to know if I'm alone or if anybody else feels the same way as I do.

I know this is a site for people with varying problems, anxieties, phobia's ect. I also understand that these things affect our lives the way we think and act.

But having said that, is it really ok to insult other people if you don't get the replies /results you want from the forum? It seems to me that some think just because they are going through a particularly hard time they can speak to others in any way they choose and nobody can say anything about it?

I'm sorry, I'm not unsympathetic (and those of you that know me, know that is true) but I'm sick of some people using their problems as an excuse to act like petulant kids, why do they think its ok to do this?

I have just read something which I think is insulting, yes I probably should have contacted admin but for crying out loud..doesnt anyone take responsibility for their own actions?

Sorry I shall probably delete this later when I have calmed down and yes I know that I shouldn't let these things get to me but they do..a lot.

pollyanna
21-02-10, 13:18
Hi Ladybird,

We all let things get to us, and get under our skin., some people more than others, ( im one of the mores, lol) Obviously i dont know the 'material' to which you are referring to, but i agree that people in general, here and the 'real' world can act in a way that that others dont find acceptable, and yes i think there are a few who use their, and i speak in very broad terms, their age/ illness/ personal circumstances etc to behave in such a way that is upsetting/ insulting /rude to others, and i agree that illness, and personal circumstances can make us act in a way, that perhaps we wouldnt normally, and i suppose there are a few who would normally behave this way, but i think if someoneone has been out of order i dont think there is anything wrong in challengeing that person, sometimes its a misunderstanding, sometimes not, but yes we should all be accountable for our own actions.

hope you feel a bit better and calmed down after letting off a little bit of steam.

tc P x :hugs:

KK77
21-02-10, 13:42
I understand your point and totally agree. I think more people should speak out when they feel that someone is being dismissive or rude in this way. I've done so many times but in doing so have become a minority.

I find many people don't want the truth. This is sad and it's made me think about whether I want to be here at times.

But anyone who tries to be rude to me will be in for a surprise. I spend a lot of time posting here and even if someone doesn't like my reply, the least they can do is to acknowledge it and say thanks. Unfortunately that doesn't happen sometimes.

I don't see why you should delete this. I don't think we're open enough on this forum sometimes and this leads to tension which then spills over in the form of arguments at times.

Better to get it out into the open.

suzy-sue
21-02-10, 14:15
I feel the same way ..There are ways to say things and ways not to ..A bit of forethought doesnt cost anything .Just because you dont hear what you want to hear ,is no excuse to be rude .,If people have spared the time to reply ,its only curteous to aknowledge the fact ,even if you dont agree with what they say ..Lets face it some people are just plain ignorant ...They dont care about the effect they have on others they are too wrapped up in themselves .and use their problems as an excuse to act as they want .:lac::lac:..Ignore them & dont reply when you see them posting next time ...:whistles:Sue

bottleblond
21-02-10, 19:11
Hi Lady

Yup i'm afraid that it is a sad fact that some people take their frustrations out on the ones who least deserve it. There is no excuse for downright rudeness. :mad:

Lisa
xxx
:hugs:

Slothette
22-02-10, 12:56
I agree - I really think it's possible to feel quite ill but still be able to mind your manners.

smudger
22-02-10, 13:49
I agree. Rudeness and bad manners are out of order. Saying that my elderley Father suffers with depression (touching on alzeihmers in my opinion!) and he has been very rude to family, friends and strangers in the past.Thing is, most of the time he can't remember being rude. I have to say in his defence though, if I point it out he will apologise to whomever he has been rude to and he does mean it. Its such a shame really because in his younger days he was a true gentleman. Generally though, its out of order and shouldn't be tolerated.

ladybird64
22-02-10, 20:47
Thank you for your replies. :flowers:

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that feels this way. :)