PDA

View Full Version : Neck

Jyellowhat
21-02-10, 16:05
Hi
Does anyone else suffer from what i can only describe as my veins contracting in both sides of my neck. Its not like i,m choking or anything, it feels like my veins spasm and tighten.And its quite painful. Even when i,m not stressed it happens. And now as with all HA sufferers its becoming an issue with me and i,m starting to get really worried about it..

Rachel W
22-02-10, 01:22
I am not sure what you mean about your veins contracting. When I have had anxiety in the past the tendons and muscles in the neck pull and it would feel like what you are describing and it is impossible to relax them. If you are generally stressed it could still happen even if you are not actually feeling stressed at the time. It sounds more like muscle than veins.

It does not sound like anything bad, and when it happens just try to relax and breath.

Jyellowhat
22-02-10, 12:32
Hi
Thanks for reply. My only saving grace with any of my symptoms is that they don't happen at night time. I,m never kept awake by the things i worry so much about. Just wish HA would go away and stay away but think i,m stuck with it.
Thanks again x x