PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to go on so much but...

Mondie
21-02-10, 22:41
I am so worried about the pain I have been getting in/under my left shoulder blade; I am imagining all sorts of things that it could be.

I suffer with IBS and acid reflux and I don't know if this can cause pain in my shoulder or not?

I am totally fed up and my boyfriend won't even talk to me anymore about my health anxiety as he says it has now got 'ridiculous'

B-gal
21-02-10, 22:44
Hi there,

I dont suffer IBS or acid reflux but I do get shoulder blade pain with anxiety. Hope that helps put your mind at ease.

xx
x

pinkpiglet
21-02-10, 22:46
Hey, it sounds to me like trapped wind/indigestion! Especially considering you have acid reflux and IBS as these symptoms often come hand in hand. If things dont improve then go see your GP as there might be some medication he can suggest and theres no point in suffering if you dont have to. Take care x

it's_just_a_phase
21-02-10, 23:31
Hi

I had a pinched nerve right under my left shoulder blade a few years ago, really horrible nagging pain, really got me down, at times it gave me horrendous pain down my left arm right to my finger tips. Two trips to the chiropractor sorted it.

Could very easily be a pinched nerve especially if you're tense.

x

bronte
21-02-10, 23:44
hi ive just bought a ibs book from a charity shop and although i was surprised what your suffering with is actually a symptom of ibs how weird

lepus
22-02-10, 00:02
Acid reflux can cause pain in your left shoulder. Acid reflux can be a bugger because it can cause referred pain anywhere in the chest. I used to get it in the left side of my chest. Of course I thought it was the big one even if I was in my twenties.

Isn't anxiety fun?

Lissy43
04-03-10, 21:48
I am currenty suffering with this, in my back, between my shoulder blades:-( It feels like a big ball of wind:-( I also have IBS.

NoPoet
04-03-10, 23:33
Hi, a few years ago I had what they thought was rotator cuff syndrome, which hurt me behind one of my shoulders, but it turned out to be a harmless cyst which they took out in about 20 minutes.

But you could just have pulled a muscle or trapped a nerve.

Trish
04-03-10, 23:49
Hi Rach

Sorry to read that your in pain hun. I'm more than sure its to do with IBS...my daughter-in law a few months ago went through the same thing and when she told me her doctor said it was her IBS i thought...WHAT?!

However i have since spoken to my sister who lives in Devon and she was telling me that she was suffering with the same thing and her GP told her it was her IBS....so it's the same for you no doubt.

Try and relax hun...easier said than done i know:shrug:

Sending you big hugs, message me anytime:)

Trish x