PDA

View Full Version : have i got ocd

fretty freda
22-02-10, 00:13
for years i have had problems with anxiety ,but for the past few years my anxiety seems to be about the same thing i constantly worry if i am different...
if i am forgetfull or if i have repeated my self i ask for peoples reassurance over and over again ie am i forgetfull have u told me this before ? have i told you this before? i need to check all the time i am ok and ask if i am saying the right things ect i am so afraid that i get my words mixed up and dont notice i ask have i made sence ? have i got mixed up ? are you sure ? you promise ? even when they say your not forgetfull you dont get mixed up i dont believe them i need to ask again , and if i dont ask them i get all anxious again thinking how will i know what people think if i dont ask them this is very odd i know cant help it.

fretty freda
22-02-10, 11:39
any replys would be appriciated as i am getting worked up again , is it ocd ?does anyone know

PanicOver!!
22-02-10, 12:38
Sounds more like anxiety to me, i think when your mind is anxious your memory is affected, mine certainly is

marc

suzy-sue
22-02-10, 13:19
Sounds to me to be obssesive anxiety thoughts ..A lot of anxiety sufferers have them about certain things ..Your Dr is the only one who can properly diagnose you tho...The more you think of them the worse they get ,you need to find some way of distracting your thoughts once you get them ,.Gradually they will become less troublesome and will eventually stop ..Sue :hugs:

Lou 1
22-02-10, 17:11
ur post sounds exactly like what i would've written about myself! i do the excat same thing especially about the talking and getting my words mixed - i'll speak and if my friends or partner look at me in what i think is a confused way i get all panicky and start asking 'am i talking strange, am i slurring or not making sense' even if they say no im like are u sure, do u promise? and if i tell something to someone and they say oh yh u told be before i become obsessed and think im going mad! Im only like it on days when my anxiety is very high so im very sure thats its just anxiety that causes it for me.. x

fretty freda
22-02-10, 20:31
meet your new best bud lou !! story of my lifex

lilplus1
22-02-10, 23:03
hello,im fairly new to this site, and wasnt sure if i was suffering from ocd or anxiety, as i constantly worry, and think....and worry.....and think- a cycle that drives me mad!!!!! at times i become quite obsessive about thoughts too, hence my confusion about what i was suffering from. other members said it sounded like anxiety with obsessive thoughts and having done some research i agree- i also think this it what ur suffering with!
wen doing my research i read that people who have anxiety issues constantly need reassurance from others as they are no longer able to process real worries from obsessive ones..... i do this, and from what u have said i believe u do too. u will find so much support on this site, u really will. so keep posting, and take care xxx

bellabessnjet
22-02-10, 23:47
Its sounds like anxiety and maybe panic attack. I thought that a panic attack was trouble breathing etc, but went on a course and was told that all the things buzzing round my head, and I go through stages were everything around me goes slow and I feel like im talking faster and faster, my thoughts start racing and going all over the place, this can be signs of a panic attack! A tip i'm trying to learn is to tell yourself that there just thoughts, they cant hurt you and they will go away, dont try to shut them out because (apparently) that can make it worse, tell yourself its normal to feel panic and that your in control. Hope that helps must admit after years of being like this trying to quit it (sound like an addict lol) is extremely hard and tiring work. But hopefully ill get there in the end.
Best of luck
angela

jinty
27-02-10, 21:44
sounds like obsessive or intrusive thought ..lots of people think that ocd means kinda rituals like handwashing n all that but obsessive thoughts can be so debilitating..been there and still am..jst a quick question do u count things or even thoughts in threes? wishing u peace of mindx

Cakey
27-02-10, 22:21
Does this anxiety happen in relationships about relationships??

lisa505
06-03-10, 21:19
Hi
This is really hard as I have never spoken about this before and finding it really hard. I do not know what is wrong with me but bear with me and I will try and explain. I am pretty much constantly down and have bad / obsessive thoughts. I have a lovely family and a good life but I am not happy. I have obsessive thoughts about different things as they change so fast. Recently it is about dying and celebrities that are dying recently. I am obsessing over it to the point that I am constantly checking the news and internet about celebrities that are dying or have done recently. I just keep reading the same articles over and over again and obsessing over them, I then think I am going to die too. I am verbally abusive to my lovely partner not all the time but when I have a (what I call them) "spell" or "attack". I get so angry at times I start to hit myself and throw things. These "spells" can only last a few minutes then I calm down. There was a point when I couldn't watch Eastenders as seeing the character Stacey Slater have her episodes used to make me panic and cry as it was like looking at myself. A few years ago i was in an abusive relationship and my ex partner physicaly and mentally abused me for 3 years, I managed to get out but I still have thoughts about what he used to do to me. Now I am with a wonderful man who finds it hard at times to deal with my behavior. I cannot find the strength to go to my GP as I am afraid she will tell me I am being silly. I feel better writing it down. I find it hard to cope with change at any level and increasingly finding it hard to cope when things / plans or routines are changed. I also have not been able to have sex with my partner for at least 4 months now as I cannot bring myself to do it as I never feel happy I just want to hide away. This is just what I am able to write at the moment if anyone can help me with any advice it would be much appreciated. Thank you