PDA

View Full Version : heart tacicardic

Flossy69
22-02-10, 00:14
Hi, everyone, just joined this evening, but one thing really worrying me. Two weeks ago, I was watching tv at home and I suddenly felt poorly. My heart then began to beat out of my chest and my pulse went up to 120 and my bp to 168/105, I also went very pale and my husband called an ambulance. The hospital said it was a panic attack but I have had these a few years ago and it never felt like this. I did have an ecg which was fine but I can not stop worrying about it and frightened all the time. I am now on propranolol for stress and high blood pressure and diazepam 3 times a day. Has anyone else experienced this hard beating heart. My husband could feel it pounding out of my chest. Since this, I keep having panic attacks and have been really poorly. The doctor said your heart can become tacicardic in severe attacks, but I don't understand this and worried it will happen again.

looking4answers
22-02-10, 04:19
panic attack.. can bring on tachycardia but then that isn't anything but fancy way of saying fast beating heart. I have had this off and on over my lifetime..Im 55 now and you have to learn how to reduce your panic attacks and calm down..Hope you feel better. Michael

Corinne
22-02-10, 05:11
I've had this come out of nowhere too. I was put in the hospital, had all the tests which came back fine. My heart rate was over 130 when I went to the hospital. So many people experience this. I have no idea why the heart does this, but it doesn't seem to signify disease.

The propanalol should keep your heart rate down and the diazapam should help with the stress of worrying about it.

Hugs

Ronny
22-02-10, 07:54
Hello,I to suffer of this and have been in and out of ER many times over the years.it is panic they told me,but it took a long time for me to accept it.I am 55 and still worry.Once you have had one your are on alert waiting for the next one to appear.I found a good therapist and now have CBT, which has worked for me,plus a calmative for panic attacks it is called Lexotan,avery good pill.You will be ok.
Rhonda x:)

pinkpiglet
22-02-10, 09:25
I have had this several times in the past year and up until then it had never happened before!
I hadnt had a proper panic attack for years but then about a year ago I woke up feeling so ill (i just cant describe the feeling) like I was going to die. I was so weak and felt extremely nauseous but I couldnt have been sick as I just did not have the energy to even get off the edge of the bed. I was trying to get my partners attention but it was as if I just could not move or speak. My heart was beating so fast that I felt it would run out of power. This was it, my time was up (or so i was convince). My partner eventually woke up and recoiled in horror, he said I looked more like grey than white. After about 10 minutes i slowly started to feel a little bit better and my dad came and took me to A&E. I was given an ECG and kept on the heart monitor for several hours. I was told I had had a panic attack.
I can honestly say that it was so unlike any panic attack I had ever experienced before and it was the first time that I had woken from sleep to one. I have since had this happen another twice.

Flossy69
23-02-10, 18:12
THank you to you all for your supportive replies, it has been so frightening, I am scared it will happen again, so trying really hard to get that negative thought out of my mind. I just wish my mind would not do these scary things to my thoughts, I HATE ANXIETY, it rules my life at the moment.

THanks everyone for caring

regards, flossy

Mazzmate
23-02-10, 19:05
I know exactly how you feel, so scary when they happen. Mine have mostly happened when I am sleeping, so I wake up feeling dreadful, so frightened. I am getting less frightened now than I was at first, because I know they are part of my anxiety rather than a physical problem like a bad heart, but, they are still very unpleasant. I have been a lot more relaxed since I joined this site and realise so many other people feel the way I do. It makes you feel so less alone. :)

Maj
23-02-10, 22:08
Please try not to be frightened. The ecg would have shown if anything serious had happened so please be reassured by this. Experiences like this can make us feel bad and make us more panicky. I think it's because they shock you so much. You must be feeling stressed at the moment. Sometimes we're not aware of how bad we actually feel until a symptom appears from nowhere. Try and remember that it is anxiety and that your heart is healthy and that it will pass.
Myra:hugs:

snowqueen
28-08-10, 04:04
Hi Flossy,

I've just joined I'm in America, You might have Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia (they call it this because it starts at inappropriate times! ) My attacks onset when I'm sleeping I am violently awakened by the body sometime fighting for a breath with my heart racing. I'm on a beta blocker when I have a break through attack I reach for a 10mg tablet to swallow quickly hopefully in 15 minutes it will correct it or like you many trips to the emergency room. The after effects are awful pins and needles in hands arms and sometimes the legs too now I had a terrible break through last night. Does this sound similar to yours?. you are awake though right? I'm trying to find others who have my condition. Mine started 9 years ago out of the blue.

alicegreen
28-08-10, 18:40
snowqueen, ive recently been told by my cardiologist this is simply fear/adrenaline, otherwise called a nocturnal panic attack. She assurred me that my heart is only racing in response to fear, not waking me up by being too fast.

JulieJay92
04-09-10, 14:20
i have to agree with all the above although when it happens to me i go into overdrive panic

I have had 8 ECG's this years the last being at the end of july and i was told apart from my panic it was muscularskeletal (spelling*)

Ibruprofen helps & a hot water bottle seems to ease my chest pain but i do now suffer rom bad bouts of dizziness :(

Its so hard to think it is panic attacks at the time as you always fear the worst. I have had them for 13 years , though i did have a period of about 5 years were hey were very minor ones but in the last 6-8 months have came back 100 times worse

jothenurse
04-09-10, 20:29
I've had rapid heart beat - up to 166 per minute. It scared me so much that I ended up having a panic disorder flare up again. I have been in the ER a few times and it has always been panic with normal sinus rythym. Very scary, but now I just try to calm myself and distract myself and it usually slows down.

everglades
04-09-10, 20:41
i had this just a couple of nights ago - just watching tv, eating, and suddenly heart at 120 pounding and i tried to slow my breathing but it sort of wouldnt let me -

stupid thing is i had just been out to shop/upstairs yet it didnt happen till i was sat still

it has happend a few times
i guess i should get it checked out