PDA

View Full Version : Chest - is this normal?

Lauz
22-02-10, 02:16
Not sure what this is, I don't think it is anything too serious but would just like some feedback.
I have had an ecg done a few months back so I know there is nothing wrong with my heart etc but the fear sets in when I get the following sensations.
Tightness, with a bit of a pain not stabbing but it isn't constant can last a few seconds and go away and then happen again. Mainly around the left breast area.
Sometimes I can feel this on the right but it doesn't feel as intense.
Lastly when I feel the sensation on the left I can sometimes feel it in my back as well on that same side.

This then results into me getting worried, and I can become a little dizzy cause I think of the what ifs, this all doesn't last for too long sometimes can be over in a minute other times longer.

I just seem to be getting worried all the time now, I start feeling better and my symptoms go away or at least that one for that day does and then something else comes up to make me worried.

Am I being silly here?

Corinne
22-02-10, 02:24
Just last night I had a pain above my left breast which went through to my back. I used the heating pad for a while and this morning it was gone. Sometimes it's just muscle pain. I find myself holding myself tense and that can take a toll on muscles.

Since your EKG was normal, I think you're fine.

Hugs!

looking4answers
22-02-10, 04:16
I get this a lot but if it persist see your doctor..if you are worried..I also have been checked thoroughly and found nothing..I think its gas or muscle spasm or just a gliche and no real issue.. Hope you feel better..Michael

Utility
22-02-10, 21:15
Hi

If you look under symptoms on the left hand side you will notice this sort of thing is very common. You have been checked over by your doctor and that is the main thing. So rest assured it is only anxiety and tension making you feel this way. Relax your breathing and distract your mind and it will soon pass

magpie girl
22-02-10, 21:56
i get this alot.When i feel anxious i get spasms in the chest area,and it goes right through to my back.When i spoke to consultant about it he said when muscles contract in your chest u breath diffrent without realising it aand it causes trapped wind.The wind can trap even up in your shoulders and around and under the breast area.Have you tried peppermint tea or capsules i find they help me alot :D

Lauz
23-02-10, 04:11
Thanks all for replying!!! Appreciate it!

I know that it is harmless what is happening but just had to ask the question, makes you feel better when you can be reassured! :)

Funny enough, don't have this today ... damn anx, plays such tricks on us!!

Lauz
03-03-10, 09:14
It is still here, it comes and goes which makes me feel confident in it being anx related.
It's just the odd sensation that I get that still makes me jump. It feels a little more intense for a split second.

Can anyone else explain their chest feelings they get and where they are?

sarah jayne
03-03-10, 12:29
I get this all the time, and everytime i worry its my heart ! Ive had many ecg's and they were fine so im sure its anxiety...I also suffer from constachondritis which is inflammation in the chest wall, this can mimic pains of a heart attack but is harmless.
Sarah x

valleybear
03-03-10, 18:07
Think Sarah jayne is right. I get this on and off and have done for years. Cardiac stuff appears normal but have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and costochondritis. Given that my HA is mainly around heart and BP issues, I fully understand why you become tense and anxious. This has happened to me many times and the dizzy feeling the panic produces makes you worry more. I am sure yours will be muscular/neurological too so try to relax...not easy I know. Sending hugs:hugs::hugs:

Lauz
04-03-10, 01:06
Thanks guys!!
I know it is just so hard to believe the right thing isn't it.
I will give it some more time and if it really starts to freak me out will pop into the doc and have a chat.
Wow, now wasn't that very rational of me haha :)