PDA

View Full Version : Enlarged Lymph Nodes

sta-lou
22-02-10, 09:49
Hi,
I have had several swollen lymph nodes under my jaw (both sides) for well over a year now, i went to see a ENT consultant about a year ago he scanned the nodes and said they look fine and told me to stop worrying about them, easier said than done, they are still the same size and shape but now i have one just above my left collarbone, do i go back to the doctors? or just leave it? has anyone else had several swollen nodes for years and it wasnt cancer? as this is my worry. i will add they are painless.
Any feedback is really appreciated.

SamanthaAU
22-02-10, 10:22
Hello,

yes I have had at least one swollen lymph gland for probably over 12 months now. it goes up and down.

yours may not even be swollen, that just may be their normal size. and if you are anything like me, poking and proding them won't help at all :winks:

marley
22-02-10, 10:33
Do yourself a favour, and have a read of this thread:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=49912

It's an important and informative thread.

Sadly, there is a tonne of misinformation about lymph nodes on the internet - your best bet is to go to your doctor. They will give you a balanced and informed view on lymph nodes.

marley
22-02-10, 10:35
Also, personally, I have swollen lymph nodes in my neck too. They've been there for a long time. I can feel them, but my doctor insists that they're normal and not swollen.