PDA

View Full Version : Knot in my stomach

Dafyddjohndavies
22-02-10, 12:43
Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you get that horrible knott in your stomach? It feels like it's just below your chest. Feels like the muscles there are constantly tensed and can't seem to relax them.

The only way I seem to make them relax is to try controlling my breathing and slowing it right down. Very difficult to do though as it's difficult to stop focusing on the uncomfortable feeling.

Just wondering if anyone has found an easy way of relaxing this feeling and getting rid of it? It seems to come and go with me. When I have my good few days it dissapears completely so it's definitely an anxiety symptom.

suzy-sue
22-02-10, 14:49
I get rid of mine my by,deep breathing ,relaxation and long warm baths ,listening to some relaxing music ...:D Sue x

Yogidude
22-02-10, 14:52
hello, i've struggled badly with tensed stomach last months. it gives me horrible burps and its hard to eat. Feels tensed too... all blown up.

The only thing that works is relaxation techniques, meditation/yoga.Im gonna try to do it every day now, and just have patience, u really need that to succeed... What happends i think is that strong anxiety causes tensions like these, and even if the anxiety is gone you need to deeply relax the muscles to go back to their normal state.

Buj
24-02-10, 20:16
The knot is awful but then so is all the muscle pain that can come and also, with time, will go....my back is the problem - it always reminds you you are tense.....all i can say is let go and it will go and you wont be hurt... Buj