PDA

View Full Version : Mirtazipine and throat infection

JT69
22-02-10, 13:49
Hi, was wondering if anyone has experienced any infections at the start of mirtazipine?? I have been taking it just over 2 weeks now (15mg). Over the weekend I have developed catarah (think thats how its spelt), raging sore throat, have lost my voice almost, have 4 mouth ulcers and teeth and ears hurt. I just read it could be a side effect but RARE. Just wondering if it may be coincidence or that I have developed a side effect. Anyone offer any help??? Thanks Jo.

smudger
22-02-10, 14:58
Hi. You sound like you are really suffering there. Are you tonsils pitted n white. Could be tonsilitus. You sound REALLY run down as well which may cause ulcers.I would go to docs matey, don't delay coz you don't need to suffer like this with everything else going on. May need some antibiotics.Haven't had this on mirt myself though so can't say whether its contributed or not.

JT69
22-02-10, 15:08
Thanks for reply Smudger...at least I wont be eating lol!!! No will make appt, have been gargling with sol asprin to try and take swelling down. Hate running to GP all the time, I must be one of his most seen patients lately. Cant see properly down the throat so going to let hubby have a look with torch when he gets in. Jo.x

suzy-sue
22-02-10, 15:30
Sounds to severe to be side effects Jo .You have deffinately got a virus or infection ..Lots about this time of the year :lac:Usually brought home by the hubby or Kids .:mad:.You may need some antibiotics for the throat .Usually the side ffects or withdrawals will make you feel achey and shivery but never heard of someone feeling this bad ..Take care hun ..and plenty of vit c and REST ...luv Sue x:hugs:

JT69
22-02-10, 16:25
Hi Sue, thanks for replying. I had read the leaflet that came with the mirtazipine and it was listed under rare side effects:Agranulocytosis, (temporary fall in number of white blood cells in the blood) causing infecion, but it does say fever amongst the symptoms and I dont have a fever so think you are right...just unlucky!!! At least I cant eat as much. Apart from all that I actually feel quite good today, just felt a bit down when I first woke up. Hopefully now I am going into week 3 I have turned a corner. Love Jo.xx

JT69
23-02-10, 14:13
:hugs::hugs:Hi Sue, feeling alot better today. Still not much of a voice but all other symptoms are much easier. I ventured to Morrisons today ON MY OWN!!! First time I have driven since starting the mirtazipine. I went with my hummby shopping last Friday and just felt like I wasn't there and just going through the motions (if you get what I mean), today was different...yes I was really anxious before I went but i did it and I actually felt o.k. The zaps are really slowing down now so that has made things easier to cope with. Feel exhausted now though, supose thats natural as it was a big deal for me. Just wanted to share that with you. Hope you are having a good day!!! Love and :hugs:Jo.xxx

smudger
23-02-10, 14:59
Jo its so good to hear that. Well done you!xx:hugs: