PDA

View Full Version : lexapro 20mg anybody else feel worse on this?

rooby
22-02-10, 13:25
hi all
Has anybody else felt worse after this medication dose was increased?

I have been on lexapro since october and have been on 20mg for the last 3 weeks. The panic is coming back and the anxiety is just as bad.

I am tempted to stop taking them altogether as I really feel they are not helping. The first time I took them 3 years ago they worked brilliantly, but not this time. Doc upped the dose as I am now very depressed about all this.

Any help guys please??:unsure:

Jilly10
14-03-10, 21:13
Hi there. I am also taking 20mg of lexapro and felt much worse after increasing the does from 10mg. The anxiety and panic were so bad - much worse than the anxiety that made me take the medication in the first place. I also had the feelings of 'this isn't working like it did last time' as I had taken it and it worked like magic only 2 years previous. BUT - it has been almost 3 months and I can say that after 2 months or so I finally started feeling good most of the time, and now I am feeling great. So hang in there! It does work and it will get better.

rooby
18-03-10, 22:20
thanks jilly for kind reply

since the last post i had a really bad migraine, ended up in hosp and had various tests. I was very bad, crying, depressed, etc and saw a psych doc in the end. As I have been on the lexapro for 6 months now and worse on the max dose they advised that I change to sertraline.(lustral). So am weaning off the lexapro quite easily as no side effects - probably as it wasn't doing anything anyway - and going to start the lustral on monday.

Anybody had positive results from lustral/zoloft?