PDA

View Full Version : Urine test - white cells

EmmaJane
22-02-10, 14:33
Hi all, I am so panicke cant stop shaking. Hope someone has some knowledge on all this. I went to the drs who took a urine sample. Said there was no infection, but were lots of white cells. Told me ot was nothing to worry about. I looked online and it mentions kidney poblems, tumours etc etc. I am really scared, has anyone had this before. Have to wait till Thursday but I cany function at the moment.
Please help, if youv'e had this

EmmaJane
22-02-10, 19:56
This one has hit me hard. I try to avoid tests, so this is a biggy for me to deal with

nomorepanic
22-02-10, 20:01
What is happening on Thursday?

I am sure if the doc isn't concerned then there is nothing to worry about at all.

nomorepanic
22-02-10, 20:04
Ok I googled and found these:

The likely explanation is simple cystitis from a bladder infection.

Urine is a generally thought of as a sterile body fluid, therefore, evidence of white blood cells or bacteria in the urine is considered abnormal and may suggest a urinary tract infection such as, bladder infection (cystitis), infection of kidney (pyelonephritis).

So as you can see it can be perfectly harmless and just an infection.

Stop googling cos you are looking at the wrong sites :winks:

EmmaJane
22-02-10, 21:43
Hi Nic,

Thank you, just wish I could stop the old mind from going round. Thursday is when I get my results from the lab... Im concerned as the dip stick, never picked up an infection, only extra white cells.

Ive been looking on loads of sites:-)

lesleya
23-02-10, 00:10
Hi hun
I had same thing a few months ago and it turned out to be a urinary tract infection im sure youll be ok
Take care
xx

EmmaJane
23-02-10, 15:41
I am getting fed up with this,why am, i thinking it is something really serious. I keep googling, the same old thing, keep telling myself that it cant be just an infection. Cant function, cant eat, cant sleep. Had enough now :-(

nomorepanic
23-02-10, 17:46
Stop googling and stop worrying please.

I am sure it will all be ok and you have got wound up over nothing and wasted all this time and energy on it.

Do you have any other symptoms?

EmmaJane
23-02-10, 18:22
The only symptoms I have is i'm itchy, lower back ache, (going to wee a lot, which has eased off) (Pelvic pain, when going, this has eased off aswell ), have lot of wind and indegetion. Diarreahoa on and off. There wasn't anything else in the test, tht showed up. I am worried about kidney cancer/failure, leukemia and bladder cancer. I did have fungal infection in the groin a few weeks ago. I was given cortisone for this, but no antibiotics. I feel like i'm going mad, and that the only outcome is something serious. I can't eat of sleep at the moment.

Thanks for the replies

nomorepanic
23-02-10, 18:26
Well why not think positively that the only outcome is an infection and nothing more.

You have to stop worrying please cos it will make you ill and if you think about it it serves no real purpose.

EmmaJane
23-02-10, 18:53
Nic I really appreciate your help. So is it my thought process that is doing this? Do you think the worst case scenario is an infection? Im scared that I might have to have more tests and they scare me, as I convince myself they will be life threatening. I am getting fed up with myself because I just can't grasp it.

EmmaJane
24-02-10, 19:16
well im still waiting for my results. Done a lot of guided meditation last night and today, has helped a bit. Actually ate a dinner, although have wind now. Still have sudden feelings of panic, hopefully will pass again soon.

EmmaJane
25-02-10, 10:08
Morning all. Hopefully will get my results today. Bit panicky today with upset stomach etc, time can't go fast enough for me at the moment x

EmmaJane
25-02-10, 14:01
OMG - doctor has just phoned me and there isnt even an infection. I cant believe it. Guess I need to relax and look after myself a bit more. I feel weird now, like I should still be waiting for something to happen

Thanks for all your support

XX

NoPoet
25-02-10, 19:05
Hi, I'm sorry you are having a panicky time. It sounds like you had an infection which has cleared up without you having to do anything. The diarrhea/wind/indigestion is very likely to do with your anxiety about the urine test. If anything worrying had turned up, the doctors would have called you in for a consultation, and because they haven't it means everything is ok. So stop worrying about the worst, congratulate yourself on getting through this and feel the relief that there is no need for you to worry any more!! :D

EmmaJane
25-02-10, 19:46
Hi Psycho,

Thank you so much, I have decided today is a new day. I have had enough of all this worrying. I need to remember that I was convinced they were going to find something more than an infection, when there was no infection at all. Just goes to show how the mind works.

Also that all I do is punish myself by thinking that I am not worthy of living a life without any bad health problems or having an imminent death and that I am waiting for it to happen!!

Has to stop NOW. Here goes the hard work x

nomorepanic
25-02-10, 20:01
Hi EJ - I am glad all is ok.:yesyes:

Please try not to get worked up next time cos I bet you are now thinking what a waste of time and energy it was worrying all week :wacko:

You should always look on the bright / postiive side of things until proven otherwise - it saves on a lot of stress and anxiety.

EmmaJane
25-02-10, 21:36
Hi Nic,

Yes I know. Next time I feel my thoughts wondering off, I'll post straight on here I think and listen to your advise :-)

xx

PS: Yep, I'm kicking myself and saying I knew it really!!

xx

nomorepanic
25-02-10, 21:42
Aww don't be hard on yourself - you were worried.

I will do this next time :buttkick: :winks:

Kelley
26-02-10, 03:13
Hi Emma Jane.
It is possible that while treating the fungus you may just have passed bacteria from your hands to your bladder which has caused the white blood cells to go to the area. I do think that if everyone had their urine tested they too would show white blood cells. In females it is very easy to put a little bacteria up the small tube to the bladder, almost everyone does this during day to day hygiene exercises and sex but the blood cells generally can attack and kill the germs before they grow and cause infection. An infection is not a problem anyway so don't fear it. I have had many and learnt they are the reason why most females visit the doctor! You need to remind yourself that these scary diseases can have white blood cells present as a symptom but also white blood cells are part of more common issues that have nothing to do with them.
How you feeling today? :)

EmmaJane
26-02-10, 10:03
LOL, thanks nic x

Hi Kelley,

Im feeling so much better today thnk you. Decided I am going to work and sit a watch tv at the same time. So I dont plan on getting dressed. lol. Im giving me a me day and I'm not going to feel guilty about it.

Yes thinking about it now, i'm quite sure now I think about it, I could of caused the problem!!

Thanks all

x

EmmaJane
26-02-10, 10:21
wel now i feel sick, how am i meant to deal with the news that I have just got. My 7 year old was wetting herself a bit and didnt have any control over it. I just phoned the doctor for her results and it has been sent to the lab, as she has trces of blood in it. We wont know till mon or tues of the outcome. What does that men, she is 7 years old.

NoPoet
26-02-10, 15:11
Hi, it might mean nothing, cos it is possible for there to be a small amount of blood in the urine without it meaning there is internal damage, it's just a normal part of the human body doing what it does.

If your daughter has pain in her back it could be kidney stones... don't know if they affect 7 year olds but it wouldn't surprise me.

Also, women are supposedly more likely to have urine infections than men and this could simply be an indication of something like that.

Kelley
01-03-10, 02:55
Hey Emma Jane.
It could just be the same issue that started this topic!! Alot of the reasons girls have accidents can be due to Urinary Tract Infections which go unnoticed for some time, causing a little trace of blood. I have heard of this sort of thing alot so don't get yourself too worried. I also know of 3 friends who had urine samples as a routine health check to start a new job and they too had traces of blood which were normal.
There will be a perfectly good explanation soon.

Kel x

nicolag84
23-12-14, 20:23
Hi am goin through the same thing as u .iv got white blood cell in my wee but no infection .doctor has sent a wee sample off but with it bein xmas i will have to wait .just feel like one thing after another atm and am observed that every thing i get is cancer am only 30 and am so sure its cancer every time .

GwenP
28-12-14, 12:00
Hi Nicola I get bothered with urine infections for years mine just sent away a lot if cells came back normal, been to urology and told women more prone due to bugs getting from a to b if you get me :whistles: I try take cranberry capsule a day and a little salt in warm not hot bath, but don't worry I have had for many many years always fine