PDA

View Full Version : Various symptoms, can't relax!!!

Dan80
22-02-10, 16:42
Hi there I have read many posts on here but have only become a member today. Have had some very strange and unsettling symptoms which Im currently in the process of getting checked out to enusre they are down to my health anxiety (already had blood test and ecg) which were fine, just wondered if anyone is going through the same symptoms as myself!

So it started off a week or so ago after maybe two weeks of feeling anxious and stressed out with stabbing pains and almost constant aches in lower left leg and arm, was concerned about my heart at first but had an ecg and was checked out twice my two different doctors who thought I was fine. The stabbing and aches have subsided somewhat but Im now experiencing pins and needles in both my hands, feet and legs which seem to come and go randomly! This is accompanied by strange tense headaches which i've never had before at the top of my head.

Has anyone else experienced these symptoms that change from being one thing to another!? Worried it could be all sorts of things, going to see a neurologist on Wednesday.

Dan

pinkpiglet
22-02-10, 18:02
Hi Dan, a BIG FAT :welcome: to NMP!

What you describe is very common with anxiety!! Pins n needles in hands and feet and tension headaches. Its all part and parcel of this monster!!!

xx

Dan80
22-02-10, 18:18
Thanks Pink Piglet, just find it hard to believe that anxiety can cause some many different symptoms and how they seem to change and can come constantly, fortunately I've never had a panic attack but know people who have who can relate to me with the pins and needles but find it hard to understand why they just come and go as they please without any change in my breathing! Very unsettling, finding it so hard to stop thinking about it or the headaches!