PDA

View Full Version : coming off Sertraline

lard
22-02-10, 18:09
I feel terrible, my whole body feels like I知 being given electric shocks and like I知 on a moving boat.
I have been taking Sertraline 100mgs daily for well over 5 years and was doing ok on it but that all changed 6 months ago when I had some extremely stressful events in my life and ended up having a breakdown. Since that day I have not felt the same, I cant relax and cant cope. My doctor tried adding antipsychotics to the Sertraline but that made me feel worse, then mitazipine which did raise my mood but left me feeling spaced out and extremely tired. So now after all that experimenting with different drugs I am coming off the Sertraline and starting Citalopram. I know this is a positive step in the right direction but I feel so horrible and terribly confused.
My doctor told me to taper down the Sertraline as so, drop down to 75mgs for 3 days, then 50mgs for 2 days then 25mgs and add 10mgs of Citalopram at this point, that was yesterday, I知 doing exactly what the doctor said to do but I feel so nasty. I know I知 suffering from withdraw symptoms as I remember what it was like coming off Seroxat a long time ago.
How long will this feeling last? I keep having the horrible black depression zaps also, the despair and desperation feeling.
I don稚 feel human anymore, I feel lost and alone.
I知 trying to manage working and being married and looking after my 2 children but it feels like its piling on top of me and I知 losing touch with reality.
I love my wife and children so much but feel extreme guilt that I cant cope and just do what others do and just get on with it.
Help.

lynn1960
22-02-10, 18:15
lease hang in there i came off steraline after 6 weeks bcause it was not working for me i went on to mirtazpine and have never felt bettr all the aniexty and dprssion have gone i have gone back to work and evn managing overtime but iot takes time to get out of yor system take care