PDA

View Full Version : took diazipan because chest tightness again

molly15
05-01-06, 14:35
hi everyone had a bad night last night chest pain and chest tightness really bad ended up taking diazipan.i tryed to do the deep breathing at first it helped but then that wave of panic would keep rising.these symptoms are so frightening that i cant cope when they come on.i have had chest xray blood tests to check for damage to the heart and check the circulation of the heart and 4 ecgs and they were all fine.i keep thinking i have angina although docs said muscular and anxiety.the attack was so severe it was like my chest muscles crushing together between my breasts and terrible sweating and heart pounding.i no i keep going on about this but it really scares me .has anyone else sufferd this bad panic attack before .kind regards to you all marcia xx

marcia lowe

molly15
05-01-06, 16:01
hi guys called docs they must think im mad but who cares.anyway cant get appointment i no what he going to say anyway but iget so scared.i just keep thinking how can they be so sure they no wat it is .i would reely love some help. thanks take care marcia xx

marcia lowe

Ma Larkin
05-01-06, 16:02
Hi Marcia, I'm the same as you and only take diazepam, which seems to calm me down lots. I've said on another post that diazepam has been a lifeline to me. I too have had x-rays, blood tests and ECG's by the dozen but everything has come back fine. It is just panic and anxiety. It took me months to believe it, but I've accepted it now, its just bloody frightening at the time and hard not to believe that its not a heart attack. You're not alone with this, everything you described is exactly what I suffer with so I hope this gives you some comfort and reassurance that you are not on your own. Take care and hope you're feeling better soon. Les, xx

molly15
05-01-06, 16:30
thanks for your advice lesley it is so scary .ifeel icant take much more.so fed up of being up and down.waiting on THE BIG ONE.i wish i could trust the docs.kind regards marcia

marcia lowe

EebyJeeby
05-01-06, 17:17
Hi Marcia,

I had the same thing as you - gripping chest pain, tightness and feeling like I couldn't breathe properly. It felt like a cage squeezing in on me. I also had a terrible cramping in the solar plexus, just below the breastbone and a racing heart.

After weeks of emergency calls to the docs, having various tests and being told nothing was wrong, a friend of mine who does reflexology came to see me. She examined me and said that my diaphragm was in spasm and proceeded to treat me for that and to try to relax me. It worked - I felt the release of tension in the solar plexus area immediately!

What I couldn't believe until then was that it was my muscles that were causing the chest pain, but I when I thought logically about it, it seemed obvious. Every muscle between every rib had been so tense for so long, they ached terribly. Once I accepted this and started diaphragm breathing instead of shallow chest breathing, it took a few days but the pain started to go. It does go away if you accept it for what it is. The racing heart goes too.

You are not going to die. The pain is real enough but you just have to understand how it came about - then it's not scary. Our muscles are powerful things and they do tense up when we are anxious. If we misuse them by keeping them tense for too long (even when we don't realise we're doing it), they remind us in no uncertain terms not to! Listen to them.

Ellie x

Jode
20-09-06, 00:08
Hi Everyone, my name's Jode.
I had really bad panic attacks 3 years ago I was off work for about 3 months, I couldnt go out it was awful. Anyway, the Dr put me on paroxetine. Ive been doing fine up until recently - I got brave. I decided i didnt need them anymore and came off them. Panic - ahhhh [Oops!] Mistake. I havent had full blown panic but ive had a few flutters and got myself into a frenzy about starting the attacks again. Ive been back to the Dr. and she wont put me back on them (apparently theyre hard to come off). I told her I needed something so shes given me Diazapan in case I start my full blow panic attacks. I havent taken them before and havent told anyone at work about my recent situation but im worried about the effects if I take a Diazapan. What will happen to me, will people notice. Help!!!!

april tones
21-09-06, 01:26
I hate this! i get this alot!! everthing else gone esepct this xx

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

kabbie
31-01-07, 18:10
Hi MARIA,
iVE JUST JOINED THIS SITE, OVER THE LAST MONTH EVERY NIGHT WHEN I LAY IN BED TRYING TO GET TO SLEEP, I GET AN INTENSE BURNING PAIN IN THE SIDE OF MY HEAD, MY HEART STARTS RACING AND I CANT FEEL NOTHING IN MY HANDS I TRULY FEEL AS THOUGH IM AM GOING TO DIE, NOW TO TOP IF OFF IM HAVING THESE ATTACKS DURING THE DAY YESTERDAY, I WAS COMING HOME FROM A MEAL OUT WITH MY HUSBAND AND ALL OF A SUDDEN OUT OF NOWHERE MY CHEST FELT LIKE SOMEONE WAS SITTING ON IT THE PAIN GOT WORSE AND WORSE I STARTED SHOUTING AT MY HUSBAND TO TAKE ME TO HOSPITAL THEY DID AN ECG WHICH IS FINE ,AND SENT ME HOME AFTER GIVING ME ONE TABLET OF DIAZIPAN I WENT TO BED BUT WOKE UP AT 4 AM THIS MORNING IVE BEEN TO WORK TODAY BUT I FEEL SO OUT OF IT COMPLETY DRAINED AND STILL NOT CONVINCED THAT I WAS NOT HAVING SOME FORM OF ANGINA ATTACK OR SOMETHING IVE NEVER FELT SO FRIGHENED AND TRULY THOUGHT I WOULD DIE IM WORRIED THIS WILL HAPPEN AGAIN AND I CANT KEEP TURNING UP AT A AND E IS THIS HOW YOU FEEL ?

kabbie

KOKO23CAT
01-02-07, 14:46
i've been where you guys are. i also had bruning down my left arm which frightened the life out of me (almost!) i know it s hard to believe that these are symptoms of anxiety but they really are. examine yourself now, are you tense? i bet you are and you are like that all the time so it is no wonder you get extreme symptoms. CBT is good at helping you challenge unhelpful thoughts and alternative therapies like accupuncture and reflexology are good for relaxing. try the books by claire weeks and helen kennerley which will help explain your symptoms. i know the hospitals and GPs can be or seem to be quite unhelpful so maybe you should seek help else where. change is not possible over night but we do get better and we can do this ourselves.
this site is awesome for helping you to be realistic about your symptoms. there are hundreds of us on this site with extreme symptoms like the ones you describe and there is nothing physically wrong with any of us. that can't be a coincidence !

my life is full of catastrophies, most of which never happened