PDA

View Full Version : panic and smoking

SIMON31
22-02-10, 21:32
Well I have had very high anxiety for a few months now and think that the smoking was making it worse. I would not smoke when alone just encase It would make me panic. Fortunately for me got one hell of a cold at the weekend and had a fag and thought I was gonna die I felt so bad so since yesterday 6pm I havent had a fag. So its been over 24 hours now and even though I have the cold still, I'm feeling so much better, maybe its because I 'm constantly thinking I want a fag I haven't got time to worry about all my problems! I hope I can keep it going! Well gonna try my best anyways!
Simon

Neverbeensoscared
22-02-10, 21:43
I started smoking when all this happend for me because it helped. i only had one a day though. i still do on odd occasions.. you need to try giving up if you think its affecting you and becoming something you panic about. the things that make you feel anxious, are the things you need to eliminate. keep going your doing well :) xx

looking4answers
22-02-10, 21:57
good luck to you , i need to quit and haven;t but afraid that the panic would be more than I could bear right now.. Michael

verity
22-02-10, 22:02
Good luck and if you cant do cold turkey get some Nicotine replacement therapy. I am going to try the Smart Smoker its an electronic cigarette that has the nicotine in and looks like a real fag. You can order ones that have water vapour in that look like smoke and they light up at the end! I have just ordered the cartridges so will see how it goes. I always have sore throats because of the smoking so I really need to knock it on the head.

SIMON31
22-02-10, 23:46
verity, I so know what ya mean regarding getting sore throats when smoking! Good luck with the gadget, I might have alook at it myself :-)
Thanks guys for your help and encouragement :-)

Simon

Typer
23-02-10, 12:18
I had to go cold turkey just before Christmas as I had a cough that just would not let me inhale air properly, let alone smoke.

For a few weeks I just could not smoke. It was so hard with everything else going on, and I still crave a cigarette at least 4 or 5 times a day, especially after meals. I hope as time goes by I will crave less. Mindd you it has been a little over 2 months now