PDA

View Full Version : Bad day today.. Symptoms check!

jonny_walker
22-02-10, 22:00
WELL WHAT A DAY! I WOKE UP THIS MORNING FEELING GREAT MADE MYSELF BOILED EGG ON TOAST AND STARTED EATING IT, HALFWAY THROUGH THERE WAS A KNOCK ON THE DOOR SO I GET UP AND ANSWER IT, RETURN TO SIT DOWN AND FINISH MY FOOD AND WHILE I HAVE MY LAST BITE I HAVE THIS HUGE SHOOTING PAIN THROUGH MY CHEST (BOTTOM OF RIBCAGE) I SHOT UP OFF SOFA AND COULDNT SWALLOW MY LAST MOUTHFULL COS I FELT MYSELF BEING SICK WITH WORRY, IT HAS BEEN HELL ALL DAY BECAUSE I HAVE THIS IDEA IN MY HEAD I AM HAVING A HEART ATTACK I AM HAVING SHOOTING PAINTS IN MY CHEST AND SHOOTING PAINTS GOING FROM MY STOMACH TO MY HEAD, I FEEL ABSOLUTLY DRAINED THIS EVENING, I JUST FINISHED WATCHING EASTENDERS AND I COULDNT CATCH MY BREATH (LIKE THERE WAS NOTHING THERE) MY HEART STARTED POUNDING AND NOW I AM IN A RUT AGAIN.

SORRY FOR KEEPING ON BUT THESE SHOOTING PAINS ALL OVER BODY IS A COMMON ANXIETY ISSUE ISNT IT? AND MY HEAD FEELS VERY HEAVY AND ACHING MUSCLES IN NECK GRR I HATE THIS I AM ON THE VERGE OF GIVING UP I TELL YOU. :weep:

MY SYMPTOMS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

TINGLING IN LEFT SIDE OF HEAD
TINGLING IN THE AREA OF HEAD WERE I LAY ON
SHOOTING PAINS IN NECK
CONSTANT GIDDY SPELLS
SHORTNESS OF BREATH
FEELING VERY TIRED AND WORTHLESS
RAPID HEARTBEAT
BLACKOUT FEELING

ANYONE ELSE GET THESE SYMPTOMS?

THANKS EVERYONE

JONNY X :bighug1:

pussy cat
22-02-10, 22:36
hi jonny - no your not having a heart attack,the pains you describe are nothing like it,try & calm down - easier said than done i know but the anxious state that you have got yourself in is making it worse.i have had 5 of the symptoms you have described & it was anxiety-horrible i know but not life threatening.could you phone nhs direct & have a word with them -this may help to calm you as you would know they are qualified - hope you feel better soon xxx

pinkpiglet
23-02-10, 09:15
Hey Jonny! Anxiety stinks doesnt it?? I myself have experienced the head tingling, shooting pains in neck (one of my most common symptoms and which I have now got used to), shortness of breath (the first symptoms i ever experienced), feeling very tired and worthless (i think everyone gets or as had this). I aslo have episodes where i feel constantly dizzy and feel as If I may black out.
I wont fill your head with any other possibilities but I have had hundreds of symptoms. You need to try and remember that anxiety cannot really hurt you, these are all threats and you should try and rationalise these feelings. Easier said than done I know and any new symptoms should always be mentioned to your GP.

Have yoy tried any relaxation c'ds?? You could try and contact your mental health team at your local surgery to see if they have any available, otherwise check out your local library or download them off the internet. My partner and I find that our CD helps enormously when we are suffering badly.

Take care xx

Typer
23-02-10, 12:37
Hi Johnny, wow you are having a bad day and I can empathise. They seem to come out of nowhere.

The pain does sound like it was connected to your eating in the first place but now its become exaggerated with anxiety.

It is weird how anxiety can cause so much bodily pain, especially in the stomach area. I had the most sever pain once and was convinced it was my spleen. It lasted all day and then later, the pain moved down and after I visited the loo, it was gone. I relized it was just indegestion.

You'll be okay Johnny, apart from like you, I guess we all get tired of feeling so much fear. That is worse than the actual incident...the fear that is.

gypsywomen
23-02-10, 12:51
got tosay why do we put everything down to anxiety its not safe if ou think about it ,for one we shouldnt tell people with chest pain like this its anxciety .for the simple reason if he gets more he will not phone anyone because hes been told its anxiety ,iwas a nurse ,and if he told me the symptoms he has i would tell him to go straight to doc or a&e