PDA

View Full Version : Going on an extreme excercise plan(with ptrainer)Will it cure my palps!?

timmymagic46
22-02-10, 22:48
Hi everyone. I havent been on here for almost a year...i was really struggling with palps and panic attacks. Saw a great chap in harley street who put me on citalopram which really helped alot - still got the palps but they didnt really bother me and never had an "attack".

Now i am off the meds - the palps have been scaring me more and more everyday. Brief history palps came out of nowhere when i was 24 and took over my life... saw a cardiologist and had two holters scans etc etc and all is ok - APPARENTLY lol - even had palps during my heart scan! RESULT.

Since all of this i have put on at least two stone as excercise was another stimulant and was incredibly uncomfortable with the palps etc so i steered clear of the gym.

Now im determined to get fit - i have joined a gym where they feed you and train you. Almost like bootcamp i guess! Im incredibly excited as it will be like someone holding my hand to help me through my fear of it all - but i am still petrified of starting. I start tomorrow......

My palps are normally worse after AND during excercise which is just SO off putting and annoying...its like im being tickled from inside my body...and it just sends your mind rushing ideas around that this just isnt right....

Just wondering if there is anyone else who has gone down the excercie route to fix our problem and if it has worked or not!

Stay safe NMP!

Gazman
23-02-10, 00:37
No experience with palps really other than a few here and there, and they are certainly a scary symptom, as you have had the tests then at least you know it's fine to exercise.

I don't know if exercise will help, but really i just wanted to say i think it's great that your facing your fear and i hope you can do it and keep at it :yesyes:

timmymagic46
23-02-10, 00:56
Thats really cool of you to say - its only just struck me that i am actually facing it - i have run for so long and tried so many things...my attitude now is if it kills me well fcuk it, at least i tried right!?

Gazman
23-02-10, 01:28
Hahaha! Nice attitude lol :yesyes:

ames6767
23-02-10, 17:45
I think your attitude is great! I suffer with palps and Ive stopped letting it worry me so much and have less now. there is no point worrying what might happen and exercise is good for you and youve been checked out, so go for it!!! x

Nomorepalpitations
24-02-10, 19:15
I do high intensity workouts and my palpitations were much more noticeable (and scary) during and after my workout. Working out does help stress, but it didn't help my palpitations. A few weeks ago I started supplementing with taurine, however, and I have not had a palpitation since (even during workouts). Good luck buddy!