PDA

View Full Version : worried about cancer

evas
22-02-10, 23:45
hi,
I am convinced i have cancer :weep: , it started when i was looking for life insurance, all of a sudden i had the thought im doing this because i know im dying and im getting my house in order as such... its mad :wacko: but the thoughts just wont shift finding it hard to sleep. i woke up this morning and my left arm hurt and was convinced i was having a heart attack :scared15:!! my brain feels like its going 100miles an hour , would love some advice on how to slow the thoughts down, i suffer with anixety disorder have done for 20 years seem to worry about everything would love just 1 worry free day:)

Adelle
23-02-10, 01:46
Hi, Your not alone. I constantly think I have cancer and every sign I see, I think its an omen. I even refused to get life insurance when my husband did because I thought id jinx myself. Just know your not alone and its just your anxiety playing up. Wish I could take my own advice. Anytime you need to chat just private message me. Adelle. :)

andrea thompson
23-02-10, 02:21
hi hon
i constantly worrying about my health.. its at a high at the moment... i just wanted to let you know you are not alone... i worry about something new every day... heart one day... brain tumour the next... i have a cold at the mo and i am panicking like mad... sure there is something seriously wrong with me... it is our state of mind making us dwell on these silly thoughts... i think everone tinks / worries about their health but our frame of mind encourages us to develop these thoughts and think about the worst possible outcomes... try to relax... its really hard... but try to thought swap or thought stop... i am trying to plan my little boys christening and i trying to distract myself by concentrating on that... have you got a hobby or project you could use as a distraction...???

take care

andrea x x

BigDunk34
23-02-10, 16:23
Hi,
Your not on your own! ive suffered with the same thing for years on and off. if its not malignant melonama, its a brain tumour, if its not a brain tumour its leukemia (sorry about the spelling) my current worry is testicular cancer. i found a lump a few months ago, got it checked twice by a doctor who said it was an epididymal cyst, but im still not convinced, i have private healthcare so im going for an ultrasound just to set my mind at ease, but im starting to think if i dont go for it, will it be a step in the right direction............... my lump hasnt grown, but i cant relax without being 100 percent sure. does that make sense???
duncan.

littlemissworry.x
18-07-14, 09:32
Hello this is exactly how i am feeling! I worry about cancer all the time im so convinced ive got cancer n that im going to be told by the doctor that i am dying! At the moment its melanoma of the lip as have got a dark mark thats been there a while . Aahh hate this x