PDA

View Full Version : Cold - how to stop it coming!

Lauz
23-02-10, 00:28
I think I may be coming down with a cold.
Felt run down yesterday but thought it may have been from a busy day the day before and not enough sleep.
I am feeling much the same today plus sniffing and also you know that feeling when you dont have a sore throat but it doesn't feel normal (sorry didn't explain that well)

Anyhow what are some good tricks to keep it at bay and not manifest into a huge cold?

nomorepanic
23-02-10, 16:52
Once you have the virus I am not sure you can't stop the cold from coming.

I have one on the way as well.

On TV over here they advertise something called "First defence" but I have no idea if it works. It says "A new way of fighting cold viruses before they can take hold."

I have never tried it though.

Make sure you drink plenty of fluids anyway.

suzy-sue
23-02-10, 18:12
Echinaceau tabs or capsules will help cut the cold time down .Eat plenty of Veg as they are better for some reason than fruit ...you can take these for two weeks and have a break .then take them again they help boost your immune system ..Sue x

Horse
23-02-10, 19:31
I once heard that putting an onion (unpeeled) in the room at night will help. Apparently, strangly enough, it seems to work!

Lauz
23-02-10, 21:01
Thanks guys - will take all on board.
Even the onion one, it is so funny that I just have to try it, but hey could work!

Horse
24-02-10, 00:28
Well it's just that someone once sent me an email regarding the power of onions. Apparently they absorb all the toxins during the night and in some cases have even turned black whilst doing so. I thought at first it was an old wives tale but discovered it was more fact than fiction. Consequently, you should never leave a onion that's been sliced in the fridge or anywhere in order to re-use, because it absorbs all the bacteria. So there's probably an element of truth there. But in the room, it must be unpeeled.