PDA

View Full Version : so scared!!!!!!!

andrea thompson
23-02-10, 02:14
hi all

i need some re assurance!!!!! i have had a really bad but of paNIC, anxiety and depression following my miscarraige last sept... started on citalopram early dec and have gradually being calming down... sleeping ok and returned to work end of dec... gradually the panic and sleeples nights have faded and i i have developed health anxiety.. always been there but has been getting worse... me and my little boy have both had cough and cold for bout two weeks and i gradually getting worse with health aniety.. hence awake now... i am convinced that something serios wrong with me... lots of the old symptoms coming back.. the dr has put me on the sick for two weeks for me to get over my cough and cold and wants to see me next week to review my anxiety and depression.... do you think as one symptom fades another develops????

thankyou for reading (if you still are ) i do go on a bit... just need some re assurance i think!!!!

andrea x x:huh:

Corinne
23-02-10, 03:17
Hon, you will be fine. When we have an illness like a cough or cold it seems that we tend to make it bigger than it is. Sometimes coughs take a while to go away. I know when I get a cold or bronchitis, the cough can last for a month.

It's good that you are going to the doctor. He will take care of your anxiety along with your cough and cold.

Hugs!

Edited to add: I am so sorry about your miscarriage. I had two of them, so I know how you feel.

tnt808
23-02-10, 05:22
Hey Andrea,

I hope you start feeling better soon- I know how awful the health anxiety can get when we don't feel well.

I am definitely one of those who as soon as I get over an illness (in my mind) I quickly replace it with another. It's a terrible anxiety to have- I hope your doctor can give you some comfort xx

andrea thompson
23-02-10, 13:16
hi all...
thanks for those lovely kind words of reassurance....

i hope we all start to feel better soon.. x x