PDA

View Full Version : Hooray!!!!

simplysal
23-02-10, 09:38
Well, I have an appointment to see my GP at 11:20am this morning to insist that I be checked over properly this time!!!

I have had these 'attacks' of intensifying pain radiating in my jaw, neck, left shoulder, chest and left arm - these 'attacks' can last anywhere from a few minutes and sometimes more like an hour - so far to date, my ECG's haven't picked up anything other than T wave inversion and these 'attacks' do not come on after exerting myself. In fact, they come on all the time when I'm resting!!

I wonder whether I have Prinzmetal's angina and of course if this be the case, ECG's would be normal unless it is done whilst I'm having these attacks and so far, by the time I've gotten to Hospital to have ECG done, it's already passed!!

I'm fed up of feeling frustrated that so far, GP and Hospital staff think I just have anxiety and therefore this is what my family think but I know deep down that there is something going on there and with having two beautiful children, I worry that something would happen and it's just been overlooked/missed.

Wish me luck for my appointment today - I do hope he takes me seriously today and not give me that "you are so neurotic" look that shames me into wanting to go to GP in the first place!!!

I'll keep you noted but now I know I'm going there, I feel better within myself that at least I feel I'm doing something positive about my health ya know.......Sal xxx

pinkpiglet
23-02-10, 09:51
ooooh good luck hun!

i will tune in later to see how you get on!! x

simplysal
23-02-10, 20:05
Omeprazole!!!...........Omeprazole??????

I saw GP this morning and he wonders whether it's too much acid in my stomach causing these pains and he said it could be one of two things;

Unstable angina OR acid reflux

He said he doubts very much it's unstable angina at my age (I'm 33) and it's more likely to be acid reflux (first I've heard that acid reflux can cause an intensifying pain from chest, choking sensation in neck, pain in jaw and down left arm).........

Well, he wants me to take this Omeprazole for 28 days and if I'm still getting these 'attacks' then he'll refer me to Cardiologist.

My understanding is unstable angina isn't something that can just be left and he certainly didn't do my blood pressure or suggest any bloods nor did he give me any nitrate just in case so lets hope he's right!!!

We don't half put our lives in our GP's hands hey???

Sal xxx

Maj
23-02-10, 21:54
Acid reflux did spring to my mind because I suffer from similar symptoms sometimes. If it is then it's good to know it's nothing serious.
Myra:hugs: