PDA

View Full Version : scared again today

LisaLisa
23-02-10, 11:01
Hi everyone

Im really scared again today about a gland that i have under my jaw that has been there for years now but it feels huge.

its half way between my chin and where my jaw joins my face, underneath. It doesnt hurt but it feels quite big, im sure its over a cm. Its soft and squishee.

Does anyone else feel anything like this.

I cant stop worrying about it today, also becuase i can feel a littel nodein my cheek to that has been there for ages as well and im scared that these are hiv related, although my tests are negative.

Its becuase i read on net that hiv chronicly imfammes your salivary glands and im scared that these nodes are becuase of this?!?!?!

Please help

Lisa
xxxxxx

Starscream
23-02-10, 11:13
Left or right hand side ?

I know where you're on about because I have the same lump/muscle there as well. Mines is on my right hand side. It feels way way out and not in comparison with the rest of my neck and stuff.

I think I've had it for a while and I got really really stressed over it before but I couldn't care about it anymore.

gypsywomen
23-02-10, 11:14
try not to read to much into it we have lots of glands that swell for no reason try to stay calm love

meg86
23-02-10, 11:16
Yes i have one on my right side it feels huge! it feels like a big grape and has been there for nearly a year, oh hunny you need to step away from this, you dont have HIV and i think deep down you know you dont have it. You have had so many tests sweetie you really need to think about this logically.

You give excellent advice to people on here but cant seem to seperate your own fears from anxiety. You need to do this!! its the anxiety making you feel this way, you really need to recognise this and erase your doubts.

Step away from googling HIV, this is just fuelling it!! treat it like a addiction just stay away from it, it isnt helping and the internet cannot diagnose HIV only a test can which you have had several!!

You should never trust the internet over a professional doctor, these tests have not reassured you so you need to deal with the anxiety head on!!

Ask yourself these questions.

You have had several HIV tests what is the possibility of them all being wrong??

Are you thinking about this logically?

What would you say to someone else who had several tests not relating to HIV but they still thought they had a certain condition?

Good luck hunny, hope you get through this xxx

Starscream
23-02-10, 11:27
I can really empathise with LisaLisa's line of thinking though.

No matter what the doctor says to me, no matter what the dentist says, no matter what other qualified health professionals say, I can never take it in. In my mind, I am always right. Not them. The Internet is a lot more reliable than a real doctor in my mind. The internet's diagnosis is spot on and a doctor just wants you out the room.

I've been told I don't have skin cancer or meningitis and I keep telling myself that I do. They just haven't discovered it yet.

beanie
23-02-10, 12:24
Hi Lisa

Glands are funny things - I've had one raised in my neck for 5 years now since I had glandular fever. I had it thoroughly checked out last year and it is perfectly normal, for some reason it just wants to stay swollen!! There are so many reasons why these things can be up and down. If you have had negative HIV tests (like me, and I still have my swollen gland) then be really happy - you don't have HIV! It would absolutely 100% without a doubt show up if you did. I learnt a lot about HIV whilst I was training at uni and there is no room for doubt on this one - if you've had a negative test, you don't have HIV. This is good news :)

I have fallen prey to Dr Google so many times and it is evil!! I totally agree with what Meg86 says - you need to try and step away from googling it and try to be logical, think about what you would say to someone else in this position.

Cell block H fan
23-02-10, 18:56
Hi everyone

Im really scared again today about a gland that i have under my jaw that has been there for years now but it feels huge.

its half way between my chin and where my jaw joins my face, underneath. It doesnt hurt but it feels quite big, im sure its over a cm. Its soft and squishee.

Does anyone else feel anything like this.

I cant stop worrying about it today, also becuase i can feel a littel nodein my cheek to that has been there for ages as well and im scared that these are hiv related, although my tests are negative.

Its becuase i read on net that hiv chronicly imfammes your salivary glands and im scared that these nodes are becuase of this?!?!?!

Please help

Lisa
xxxxxx

Ive posted before on here about my son having those lumps. One in exact same place as you, one by his adams apple & 1 just in front of his ear.
He definitely doesn't have hiv, he's 14 & hasn't been near a woman yet, getting him off the xbox would be a fine thing! lol
His dad also had a swollen saliva gland, that was discovered when his jaw swelled up on one side with an enormous lump & they x rayed it. He definitely doesn't have hiv either.
My sons lumps have been there years now, docs want to leave them alone. They are just one of those things.
:hugs:

mikhail1028
23-02-10, 20:53
I think you are fine lisa you had numerous tests before unlike me i had none,, but trying to convince myself im not sick and im just worrying too much

Stressed32
25-02-10, 00:34
I think what you to need to remember is that there are NO specific symptoms for HIV. Every single symptom assicoated with it can and usually is caused by something else. Lisa....there are many, many....MANY other factors that can weaken your immune system as well.
Now, glands, there are many other factors that cause glands to swell. Maybe you are about to get a cold...maybe you are poking at it and it does not want to be poked at ;-) Leave that gland alone sweet friend.