PDA

View Full Version : Neck Problem: Dizzy, Eyes, Scalp

springblossom
23-02-10, 13:29
Hi All,

At the moment I feel dizzy all the time.

My eyes feel as though they won't focus properly and I have blurred vision. My head feels like it's swimming and my left ear feels full (but not sore or infected). My scalp feels like it's crawling and I have a feeling of pressure and pulse in my head.

Does this sound like TMJ or something to do with my neck? I'm not feeling anxious.

So grateful for any help....Thank you xx

SB

andrea thompson
23-02-10, 13:33
hi hon

i feel like that sometimes... for me i think its a mixture of being bunged up and anxiety.... if your worried visit your dr... you may need a decongestant... your ears can play up and make you feel dizzy ( i have had that aswell..lol).

i hope you feeling better soon hon..

take care

andrea x x

gypsywomen
23-02-10, 13:34
it could be your ear i would get it checked out to make sure

springblossom
23-02-10, 13:41
thanks guys. can a bunged up ear affect the vision?

andrea thompson
23-02-10, 13:57
i dont know wether your ear could affect your vision but i think if your head is bunged up aswell then maybe it could... have you had any headaches cos migraine affects your vision... i know you said your not anxious but that cn make you feel wobbly and like you cant focus.... if i was you i would ring your gp.. put your mind at rest... prob a harmless cold or virus making you feel poorly...

take care

andrea x x

springblossom
23-02-10, 14:05
thanks andrea. i have no cold or sensation of fullness in the head though :(

andrea thompson
23-02-10, 14:20
hiya again hon

maybe congestion in your ear can cause these symptoms... i am sure it not anything to worry about though... ring your dr... i on the phone to my drs all the time... every little thing.. lol.. they must be sick of me.. i worry about different stuff all the time... this week its cos i got a chest / respritory infection??? next week it will be something different to worry about... i know you said your not anxious but do you think could be anxiety coming out in different way... sometimes i think ihave had all the different symptoms and something new springs on me... please try not to worry... get dr to check it out though... ring the dr now!!!!!! then you wont need to worry about it...

andrea x x

springblossom
23-02-10, 15:19
thanks andrea x

springblossom
25-02-10, 12:16
I also have a feeling of pressure in my head, weakness in my legs and unsteadiness. Very worried. Doctor says it's anxiety.

springblossom
18-10-10, 13:47
I have this again. Does anyone know if TMJ can cause this?

Mondie
18-10-10, 20:07
I've got this at the moment too, it's horrible isn't it? Mine is because i'm anxious, a lot going on with me at the minute. I think it is also because of TMJ, I clench my jaw so much and it is making me dizzy, off balance, I have head pressure, neck pain, headaches too...

Hope we get better soon!

shellyb
18-10-10, 20:22
Hi, I have all the symptoms your describing plus a few more today :wacko: feel dreadful so went back to docs, got the usual diagnosis, stress/anxiety attacks.

Big hugs :bighug1: xxx

springblossom
19-10-10, 11:46
I've got this at the moment too, it's horrible isn't it? Mine is because i'm anxious, a lot going on with me at the minute. I think it is also because of TMJ, I clench my jaw so much and it is making me dizzy, off balance, I have head pressure, neck pain, headaches too...

Hope we get better soon!

Hi Mondie,

Can the TMJ etc cause the dizziness and head pressure? That would make sense!

@ShellyB - I'm so sorry that you have this also

SB

dodo
19-10-10, 11:57
I clench my jaw together at night. I presume this is TMJ? I don't grind my teeth, just clench my jaw shut. I am also dizzy but don't know if that is what causes it. I also have fullness in both my ears and yesterday I got stabbing pains in my right ear.

springblossom
19-10-10, 13:21
I'd like to know if they're connected also

Mondie
19-10-10, 13:39
Hi Springblossom,
There are loads of symptoms of TMJ, I have listed the below! i would say that tmj can definitely cause dizzyness and head pressure!
Hope you feel better soon xx

Eye Pain and Eye Problems:

Bloodshot eyes
Blurring of vision
Eye pain above, below and behind eye
Pressure behind eyes
Light sensitivity
Watering of the eyes
Head Pain, Headache Problems, Facial Pain:

Migraines (http://www.healthcentral.com/migraine/understanding-migraine.html)
Forehead pain
Cluster headaches (http://www.healthcentral.com/migraine/types-of-headaches-38362-5.html)
"Sinus Type" headache
Hair and/or scalp painful or sensitive to touch
Headaches at the back of the head, with or without shooting pain

Teeth and Gum Problems:

Clenching during the day or at night
Grinding teeth at night (bruxism)
Tooth pain
Sensitive teeth
Mouth, Face, Cheek, and Chin Problems:

Discomfort or pain to any of these areas
Pain in cheek muscles
Uncontrollable tongue movements
Jaw and Jaw Joint Problems
Limited opening
Inability to open the jaw smoothly or evenly
Jaw deviates to one side when opening
Inability to find the correct bite with teeth
Clicking or popping jaw joints
Uncontrollable jaw movements
Ear Pain, Ear Problems:

Hissing, buzzing, ringing, or roaring sounds
Diminished hearing
Clogged, "stuffy", itchy ears
Feeling of fullness
Ear pain without infection
Balance problems, vertigo, dizziness
Throat Problems:

Swallowing difficulties
Tightness of throat
Sore throat with no infection
Voice fluctuations
Laryngitis
Tongue Pain
Neck and Shoulder Problems:

Neck pain
Tired, sore neck problems
Shoulder aches
Back pain (http://www.healthcentral.com/chronic-pain/back-pain-and-sciatica.html) (upper and lower)
Arm and finger tingling, numbness, and/or pain
Stiffness

becky000
19-10-10, 13:43
I didn't know what TMJ was so googled it and then decided not to read the symptoms because I know they'll suggest to my brain that I have yet another dreadful ailment.
I've had anxiety and panic attacksw oon and off for 18 years and for the pat 10 I've been getting a feeling of being ill but can't really pinpoint what it is. Flu or sinusitis or a bug of some kind? The doctors always do blood tests and never find anything - sometimes they just give me antibiotics for an "infection".
Anyway, this time round it was worse than usual and I couldn't ignore it. I found a doctor who believes in helping the body to heal itself. He's not a quack but a real medical doctor who practices accupuncture as well.
He told me that the ill feeling - dizziness, pressure, aches and pains are all caused by an excess of adrenaline in the body. Apparently the body produces cortisol which helps to neutralise the adrenaline but where a person suffers from extreme anxiety the body eventually stops producing the cortisol.
He's treating me with supplements and accupuncture to get my body to start functioning normally again. And obviously he has said that I must control my anxiety and avoid anything that triggers it.
I'm in my third week now and so far I'm not much better but unfortunately I've had extreme anxiety for the past two weeks so that's made it much worse. I must say that when I have the accupuncture |I feel alot more relaxed. I also ntice that when I wake up in the morning I feel fine and it's only when I start working and worrying that I start to feel ill again.
The weakness in you legs - I have that when I'm very anxious so I think it's normal.
I had very similar symptoms to you, dizziness, a feeling of congestion and my head just felt strange. A bit like when one has flu - except I don't have flu.
I hope this helps to put you more at ease.
I'm going for another session of accupuncture tomorrow and will speak to the doctor again and hopefully get a bit more info about this. He says it's like post traumatic stress disorder - you know when soldiers come back from war and then start to feel ill - it's all due to stress and adrenaline overload. Also yuppie flu.

dodo
19-10-10, 13:59
I think leg weakness often accompanies dizziness anyway. I had it the other day and felt like they were going to go or I couldn't stand up properly.

I didn't know TMJ could produce so many symptoms.

Becky - TMJ isn't life threatening - so safe to read about - and actually could be experienced by a high number of people with anxiety.

springblossom
20-10-10, 13:26
thansk to everyone fo this.

the taut ears are really bugging me today and that feeling like your head is full of blood and pressure :/