PDA

View Full Version : Cant stop checking my body for any illness...!

fairyclairy
23-02-10, 14:05
Hi,
Iv had emetophobia for the past 10 years, it started when i was 11 an i was sick infront of everyone on my first day at high school!
I managed to get things under control around 17-18 years, but lately, since startin my first full time job after uni, theyv come back with avengence!
The thing iv noticed aswell is that i check my body for any weird sensation or illness that i might have... i have a fear of being sick but i think a general fear of being ill aswell! It starts first thing in the morning untill i go to sleep at night..
Yday at work i felt abit dizzy (pretty sure it was anxiety/panic related as i was feeling anxious before i felt dizzy) but since then iv thought im really ill and keep going dizzy... il be ok for abit, and then go bad again.. im off work today as i thought i was ill and couldnt drive if i was dizzy!
Its a horrible feeling and im so confused and annoyed at myself for letting it happen!
Does anyone else get dizzy etc related to panic? I dont feel anxious today bt its still happening...

Thankyou, Claire x

andrea thompson
23-02-10, 14:12
hiya hon

yes i have felt like this. its horrible isnt it.? it will pass i am sure.. your obviously really worried so ring your dr and get some advice... it sounds like panic / anxiety.. have you tried distracting yourself.. do something you love or something mundane and see if the sensation passes .. when it does it re assures me that its anxiety... it hard to cope with though... work can be really hard with these problems but with the right help we can get through this and get back on track!!!

take care

andrea x x

mathmajor
24-02-10, 02:55
I'm in the exact same boat. I can't even brush my teeth without checking for gum bleeding or seeing if my eyes are jaundiced. It's incredibly disturbing.