PDA

View Full Version : i just want to sleep all the time! help

superfran23
05-01-06, 18:51
over the last couple of weeks i have completely changed my sleeping pattern, i don't sleep at night, but when i do get to sleep i don't want to get out of bed! even when i have things to do during the day. the lack of motivation is very difficult to cope with.
does anyone else have this problem? and how should i deal with it?
fran x

Tomimo
05-01-06, 19:58
I can sympathise as my sleep is rubbish too. I am really tired yet sleep really badly - very disturbed sleep and horrible thoughts, etc - and I am shattered when I wake up and feel exhausted all day and they cycle goes on.

I know it is hard but the best advice would be once you are awake in the morning, get straight up and get going - keep active, get lots of fresh air and then try some relaxation techniques in the evening before bed.

Hope it works for you!

Annie x x

molly15
05-01-06, 20:17
hi fran i fully understand how u feel my sleep is all over the place too.cant get to sleep at night then when do i cant get out of bed not great when u have twins at 2.i feel terrible all day .just want too lie down all the time .its part and parcel of anxiety im afraid.try eat well and sleep when u can.it will get better.take care kind regards marcia xx

marcia lowe

sarahliz
05-01-06, 20:29
Hi,

I always recognise over sleeping as one of my "on the way down symptoms". I can sleep in until 11/12pm and by 2pm, having done next to nothing could quite easliy go back to bed and sleep again, this following full nights of sleep. You really just don't want to do anything do you? All your general day to day jobs build up and then they start to prey on your mind which makes it worse!

I try and do a deal with myself when I feel like that - 2 days "sleepiness" and then back to my routine/ time to get going. I agree with myself that I will take a positive step at the deadline even if it's just....wash up half the dishes etc..

Funny isn't it, sometimes I can't sleep at all because I'm feelin panicky and long to go to bed....

Take care x

Keitharcher
05-01-06, 20:45
Hi

I can understand your sleep problems, I used to have them myself. What I found worked was relaxation, either listening to a CD or just using diagpraghmatic breathing. I found it help me to get rid of the feelings that i shouldnt be here, (or I should be depending if your sleeping to long or not long enough). There are some very good hypno therepay CD's around but you have to let them work dont fight them. I hopoe your sleep patterns return to normal soon

Keith

Sue K with 5
06-01-06, 02:04
Hi Fran

I can so relate to that ! If I sleep during the evening or day I can still be up at 6am in the morning and then sleep until 3pm some days and then my sleep pattern goes to pot!

you need to false yourself to go all day and then at 10.30 collapse on the bed with some really relaxing music and a glass of hot milk and make your alarm set for 7.30 and do things to keep yourself going no matter how hard it is!

You will get back to a routine soon

Sue with 5

scknight