PDA

View Full Version : pelvic and lower back ache

matti
23-02-10, 17:04
Hi everyone.
It has been awhile since I have been on this site. Hope someone could share a bit of advice. I am currently getting pain in my lower back and pelvic area. I have visited my GP today and she couldn't find any lumps or bumps. I am also slowly going through the menopause. so my periods have eased off in the last 5 months or so. I was wondering if its common for us ladies to experience these kind of aches. I know that internally things drop as well as externally. Like so many of us I Google and then wish I hadn't as I now think I have Cancer, cysts and alot of other things...grr. which I know wont show up unless I have a scan. I have to go back and see her in a couple of weeks if things dont get any better. I hope someone can ease my worried mind
Many Thanks
Keep well
Matti

ZoJo
23-02-10, 17:17
Hi Matti,

I have been having the same problems since Christmas. I am not going through the menopause but my periods had been a bit scatty! My doctor also checked for lumps and bumps and I have had a few scans on my ovaries etc, due to pain previously. Nothing there!! So my doctor has put it down to plain old hormones. I have also been seeing a physio regarding my lower back, and she did tell me that there are loads of muscles that keep you up in your stomach as well as your back and that she thought my pains (like period pains) were down to my back. They do ease when my back feels better......! Hope that helps a bit and try not to worry, my doctor also wanted me to go back if I still felt the same, so you are being looked after x

nomorepanic
23-02-10, 17:23
I moved this to the symptoms forum for you