PDA

View Full Version : Stressssssss!!!

Girl_Interrupted
23-02-10, 22:51
Can I please scream out loud!!! Been having this awful neck tension, its feels soooo bad right now, had a very stressful weekend and I think it has built up over time and now its really playing me up. My muscles feel tight, tense, my head feel tight and I feel kinda spaced out/light headed. Right now it's really p***ing me off!! My HA is telling me all sorts of crazy things, i'm struggling to put it into perspective, can anyone give any advice please.

Thanks x

sammie23
23-02-10, 23:11
Hi! I to have had the annoying neck thing. Mine has gone on for nearly 3 weeks :( and quite frankly i am to getting peed off. Just aches all the time and the pain is horrible to. You are not alone x

Dollie
23-02-10, 23:12
Time for the heat pad girl, get out that hot water bottle and put it on those tight muscles, im sure it will help.

Soft music dark lighting and some relaxing time will help
Take care:)

mikhail1028
23-02-10, 23:13
Can I please scream out loud!!! Been having this awful neck tension, its feels soooo bad right now, had a very stressful weekend and I think it has built up over time and now its really playing me up. My muscles feel tight, tense, my head feel tight and I feel kinda spaced out/light headed. Right now it's really p***ing me off!! My HA is telling me all sorts of crazy things, i'm struggling to put it into perspective, can anyone give any advice please.

Thanks x

Just relax and have a breather,,, I know HA tells us alot of things but trusting yourself/body is the most helpful way
Get yourself distracted,, we tend to worry alot ,, ON THE WRONG THINGS

nomorepanic
23-02-10, 23:13
Get a relaxing massage - bliss

Girl_Interrupted
23-02-10, 23:23
Awww thanks guys for the response, i'm winding myself up right now and the more stressed I get the more my neck/head feels tense. Of course my HA tells me i have a brain tumour!!!!!!! which i kinda guessed that would happen. How do i convince myself this is anxiety related and not anything serious?

Massage right now would be fantastic : )

Lauz
24-02-10, 00:24
Can 100% relate.
Bad neck for the past 3 months - in physio and is slowly getting better. This is from an injury though and the anx and stress has just prolonged the recovery.
Like urself, brain tumour I thought, scan said no :)

The fact that you understand and can realise that your stress is contributing to your neck being tight etc all the symptoms you are describing are classic tension!

Suggestions to relieve this:
1. Heat pack - relaxes the area
2. Hot bath or shower
3. Go get a massage ... this will be very relaxing and will also help reduce the tension and the knots you may have.

The only thing that will help is relaxation, I know it can be hard cause even when you feel relaxed the pain can still be there, it is just your body still being stressed.

Best of luck!!! I know how awful it is!

JT69
24-02-10, 09:07
Hi, I had keep having this...really annoying isnt it?? I have a long shaped beanie bag which I pop in the micro-wave for around 3 mins and then wrap around it. It really helps. Massage helps too, if you have anyone patient enough to do it. Jo.

Girl_Interrupted
24-02-10, 12:21
Hi there, thanks again for your responses, woke this morning with it still, my neck feels stiff when I wake in the morning. It takes a while b4 I can get out of bed. I find as well that I get an ache behind my ears (the muscle that runs down the neck) The muscles also at the back of the head also feels tense still, i've tried a hot water bottle it helps to some degree. I'm still in favour of a massage though : )