PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

madgilmore
23-02-10, 23:24
Hi all,

My name is Darren and and I only joined a few days ago but this site has been a great help for me over the last few months. I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for some time now and posted a thread on the Panic Attack forum a few days ago too.

I have recently been having a range af different symptoms recently which I can only put down to the fact that my anxiety has started up again. I have been off work for a week and have been having dizziness and major fatigue. Today has been even worse as I have seemed to have developed an extruciating pain in my upper left of my back (near my left shoulder) for no apparent reason and the dizziness has started up again.

Hope this is nothing serious but seeing the GP tomorrow morning so hope all goes well.

Thanks for listening.

Darren xx

nomorepanic
23-02-10, 23:26
Hi madgilmore

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Veronica H
24-02-10, 09:50
:welcome:Darren. this is a friendly site with great information and support.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Here is a link to her site;

http://www.drclaireweekes.co.uk/

Veronicax

Vanilla Sky
24-02-10, 11:20
Hi there, welcome to NMP :welcome: Love Paige x

Healthielove
24-02-10, 11:58
Hello Darren How Are You And Welcome To This Forum!

madgilmore
25-02-10, 00:12
Hi everyone,

Went to the doctors today. The pain in my back seems to be a pulled muscle so the doctor has given me pain killers which seem to have eased the symptoms. I also asked about the fatigue symptoms and the dizziness and she checked me over and it was only a viral infection.

Seems like I was panicing over nothing. Due to go back to work on Monday.

Thanks all for your support though.

Darren xx

(copied from my post on the Panic Attack forum)