PDA

View Full Version : hyperventiation syndrome ?prescribed beta blockers

cthechick84
24-02-10, 00:25
hello everybody
i went to see my doctor today again as ive been feeling short of breath a little and like i am struggling to take deep breaths and constatnly trying to do this all day and then having to big yawm instead , also get the racing heart and flutters in my chest aslot which makes me obbsess and check my pulse every now and then which in turn makes my heart get faster very strange .i am at the end of my tether with all this and wondering what the hell is going on and hoping it is really only hyperventialting ,which im sure it is as when im in bed im breathing ok and when im resting im ok,also when i came out of the docs today i felt a slight relaese and didnt feel the need to keep taking deep breaths for about an hour .well i had an ecg 2yrs ago and my heart was ok and the doctor today listened to my heart and lungs and said my heart was beating a lil fast but thats cos i was anxious he thinks its hyperventiaion syndrome from the panic which is making me feel like this and as im foucsing on it its making it worse.well the doctor has now prescribed me BRISPROLOL 2.5mg which is a beta blocker which will slow my heart a little and help with the pyshical symptoms of anxiety and panic well i hope as iam very scared of taking these tablets bt i guess it has to be done because i cannot cope with both problems as im a mother of 3 young boys my youngest is only 4wks old today and its hard i feel hopeless but need to get out of this.anyway im 25 and suffered with this awful health anxiety for 2yrs .makes me cry .should i take the beta blocker?? will it make me beta even if it slows my heart a little maybe i can then jus deal with the breathless feeling i wnt ave both ? any experinces or advice will b loveed thanks guys my nomorepanic family love ya xxxx