PDA

View Full Version : Globus Hystericus - 2 Months After.

turtleonaleash
24-02-10, 02:57
Hi All,

Just before Christmas I had a sever case of globus hysterics. The lump in the throat sensation has long since passed, but I stopped eating for three weeks. Every time I ate I felt as if I was going to choke to death and I felt as if food was sticking in my throat. Finally I started eating again but I still do not eat normally. I chew and chew the food in my mouth until I am exhausted and every time I swallow I fear this will be it. I have been for a barium swallow and it showed a bit of reflux and nothing else and now they are sending me for a modified barium swallow on March 3ed. It takes me about an hour to finish my meal and by that time my jaw is exhausted. Has anyone else experienced this after an attack of globus? How long after did you feel like food was sticking in your throat? Were you able to go back to eating normally right away, or did it take a while?

agnes
25-02-10, 17:13
Hi All,

Just before Christmas I had a sever case of globus hysterics. The lump in the throat sensation has long since passed, but I stopped eating for three weeks. Every time I ate I felt as if I was going to choke to death and I felt as if food was sticking in my throat. Finally I started eating again but I still do not eat normally. I chew and chew the food in my mouth until I am exhausted and every time I swallow I fear this will be it. I have been for a barium swallow and it showed a bit of reflux and nothing else and now they are sending me for a modified barium swallow on March 3ed. It takes me about an hour to finish my meal and by that time my jaw is exhausted. Has anyone else experienced this after an attack of globus? How long after did you feel like food was sticking in your throat? Were you able to go back to eating normally right away, or did it take a while?

Oh gosh, I know exactly what you went through. Have you thought about mashing your food before eating, which is what I do if my fear of choking comes back?

eily
01-04-10, 23:29
Hi i hav had this for 3 weeks now i havnt seen a doctor however i have a "very experienced" sister who has suffered from anxiety for a lot longer than me. i had never heard about it but after it being explained to me and reading about it, it all makes sense. i have a constant feeling that there is somthing stuck in my throat and it can be very painfull on and off . my anxiety levels have been very high over the past few weeks and this has started. i feel a lot better now that i know what it is , it is still there but not as intense. hopefully it will just dissapear.