PDA

View Full Version : scott

scott06
24-02-10, 06:16
hi all my name is scott im 39 been a bit of a worrier all my life but last year in june i had renal colic and was admited into hospital the pain i never exsperihenced like it before on leaving the hospital about 2 weeks later i woke out of bed couldent sleep then the next night and its been like that for 8 months i watch the clock i just lie there in bed thoughts racing drink is the only thing that will knoc me out but i hate drinking going to the dr they put me on sleeping tablets but i still couldnt get more than 2 hours if that a night and i was put on fluoxitine my anxiety whent through the roof suacidal i been on all types of meds at the moment im started trazadone last night but i come to the point this morning i just had enough my kids my family are suffering to see me like this when will this knightmare end prob when i sleep for good i know my thoughts are doing it to me but i just not strong enough to fight them im at my wits end

diane07
24-02-10, 06:19
Hi scott06

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

scott06
24-02-10, 06:22
thank you diane

verity
24-02-10, 08:46
Welcome and hope u find the support to help u here. r u in any kind of therapy? I know it helps me.

travelrose
24-02-10, 08:58
Hi Scott, I am like you never had anything like this before all came on when I had knee replacement,they couldn't control pain and I didn't sleep for weeks,brought on first panic attack.
The point is my familly mean so much to me I'll fight tooth and nail to beat this and I know you can to ,and now we've found this place we can find the help and support we need.
I've already learnt new things that I'm looking into,spend time these people have a wealth of information between them all.
good luck D.

Veronica H
24-02-10, 09:29
Hi Scott
I know how overwhelming the feelings are right now and the secret is not to fight them but to accept them. Your nerves are sensitised and therefore thoughts become feelings very quickly. Try to stay in the moment and although it is impossible to block negative 'what if' thoughts, try floating them out of your head without engageing too much with them Scott. Many of us have been where you are now and have recovered. I know that will be hard for you to believe right now.

There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Here is a link to her site;

http://www.drclaireweekes.co.uk/

:bighug1:Hang in there anxiety buddy.

Veronicax

Vanilla Sky
24-02-10, 11:22
Hi Scott and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x