PDA

View Full Version : Really really worried at work while my g/f called at home :( - Please advise.

Starscream
24-02-10, 14:32
I am in work and have been stressed to the max for the past 30 mins now.

My girlfriend texted saying she was scared and feeling really weak and fainted twice without warning and her lips were all black/blue and she had bad breathing and was really shaky and was mildly sick.

She is a bit better now she took her inhaler and had a fizzy drink but the last time she was like that was in the summer when she fainted on the train and took a while to get back to normal.

No idea what causes it.

She doesn't have a fever or have sore bones or anything. I don't know if it's flu.

I can't stress just how much I am fearing for her though.

Any ideas what it could be, rationally ? I am not going near Google. Putting in those symptoms would be a major disaster.

smudger
24-02-10, 14:42
Don't you think she should get checked over at the docs just as a precaution? You might be stressing for nothing. If shes at work, and it was that bad, somebody would call an ambulance wouldn't they?

Starscream
24-02-10, 14:45
Don't you think she should get checked over at the docs just as a precaution? You might be stressing for nothing. If shes at work, and it was that bad, somebody would call an ambulance wouldn't they?

I'm at work.

She is at home.

I've said I have the ambulance on standby if she doesn't keep in constant conversation with me.

She insist's she is better now but I can't stress how much panic I went through there and what would cause something like that ?

smudger
24-02-10, 15:20
Because you are far away to have any direct control you are experiencing anxiety but I'm sure you know that. Sounds like you do the best you can under the circumstances. She is lucky to have you so caring. Its good though that you have made it clear if she doesn't keep reasonable contact when she feels like this, that you will call for help. Still think she needs to be investigated if this has happened before don't you think?

smudger
24-02-10, 15:21
soz, av to go. school run. didn't realise the time...argh!ope u can sort things out.:)

gypsywomen
24-02-10, 15:25
think she could contat nhs direct if lips turning blue can you get intouch and ask her ,,

Starscream
24-02-10, 20:39
It's ok in the end. She just has a cold just now.

Not sure what happened but she seems to be stable, thank christ.

First thing that came into my mind was a heart attack or a major disease and ended up almost running out of work. :-(

B-gal
24-02-10, 23:56
Hi there, Ive never experienced anythin like this, but does she have asthma? You said she took her inhaler so was it maybe an asthma attack? Just asking this because when my friend had one his lips went blue but he was ok cause just had to take his asthma stuff.
xxxxx