PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness - Need Advice...

krja80
24-02-10, 16:24
So, I guess the point of this is to get this out of my head b/c I can't really talk to anyone in my life about it b/c they are so over my health worried...I've had derealization/skipped heart beats/dizziness (both walking on a boat type feeling, my surroundings feeling like they jerk a little and then the spinning sensation too) for the past 12 years. The last time that I had a CT scan was about 2 years ago and it was all clear. My mind, and I'm sure you guys are familiar with this; has convinced me that it's been 2 years the spinning dizziness has increased over the last week or so, so it must truly be a brain tumor this time. This time has to be different, this time they will find something. I am trying so hard not to run to the doctor for an MRI/CT...people live their whole lives until they are 90 years old and never have the amount of MRI's and CT's that I've had. Since this all started about 12 years ago, I've had 3 MRI's and about 8 CT's...it's been two years, and I'm trying to just move past it, I'm trying not to run back to more testing...thing is...everyday I'm scared, scared that at 32 I have a tumor growing in my brain, scared that I'm going to have a stroke...my fears have 90% of the time been about my brain and 10% about my heart...do I go ask for the test, do I just try to work through it...How do I work through it? I'm so tired you guys, I want the life back that I had a decade ago...I feel worthless in this state. Advice?:blush:

gtrgrl3369
24-02-10, 16:31
I do feel for you, that was one of the worst anxiety symptoms that I had. I have finally beat mine by not fearing it anymore. I was so bad I wouldnt get out of bed because I felt like I was going to fall over or faint or God knows what else. I never did though. I had every test known to man done also, there was nothing there and in the back of my mind I knew that. Anxiety is a mind control all the way. I got up one day and decided enough was enough. Sure enough the dizziness hit like a train and I just stood there instead of running back to bed. Tjis part may sound a little nuts, but I started talikg to my dizziness and telling it I wasnt scared of it anymore. It took about 3 months for my heart and my head to believe it together but finally I am dizziness free. I know how scared you are,but please believe me it will go away. Let me know if I can help in any way. Take care.

Typer
24-02-10, 16:34
I think deep down you know that it's all part of the same problem even though I do know how anxious it has made you.....making the dizziness worse.

12 years of dizziness is a long time and you must feel worn out with it. It is tiring. I have had the heart pals and dizziness for 6 months and already am feeling exhausted and deflated by it all. I am so sorry, I hope you find a way to feel okay and know it's all part of the same anxiety

Typer
24-02-10, 16:35
I do feel for you, that was one of the worst anxiety symptoms that I had. I have finally beat mine by not fearing it anymore. I was so bad I wouldnt get out of bed because I felt like I was going to fall over or faint or God knows what else. I never did though. I had every test known to man done also, there was nothing there and in the back of my mind I knew that. Anxiety is a mind control all the way. I got up one day and decided enough was enough. Sure enough the dizziness hit like a train and I just stood there instead of running back to bed. Tjis part may sound a little nuts, but I started talikg to my dizziness and telling it I wasnt scared of it anymore. It took about 3 months for my heart and my head to believe it together but finally I am dizziness free. I know how scared you are,but please believe me it will go away. Let me know if I can help in any way. Take care.

Wonderful post and well done...so brave. may try this. Did you have the heart palps too?

it's_just_a_phase
24-02-10, 16:42
So, I guess the point of this is to get this out of my head b/c I can't really talk to anyone in my life about it b/c they are so over my health worried...I've had derealization/skipped heart beats/dizziness (both walking on a boat type feeling, my surroundings feeling like they jerk a little and then the spinning sensation too) for the past 12 years. The last time that I had a CT scan was about 2 years ago and it was all clear. My mind, and I'm sure you guys are familiar with this; has convinced me that it's been 2 years the spinning dizziness has increased over the last week or so, so it must truly be a brain tumor this time. This time has to be different, this time they will find something. I am trying so hard not to run to the doctor for an MRI/CT...people live their whole lives until they are 90 years old and never have the amount of MRI's and CT's that I've had. Since this all started about 12 years ago, I've had 3 MRI's and about 8 CT's...it's been two years, and I'm trying to just move past it, I'm trying not to run back to more testing...thing is...everyday I'm scared, scared that at 32 I have a tumor growing in my brain, scared that I'm going to have a stroke...my fears have 90% of the time been about my brain and 10% about my heart...do I go ask for the test, do I just try to work through it...How do I work through it? I'm so tired you guys, I want the life back that I had a decade ago...I feel worthless in this state. Advice?:blush:

Ears!?

http://www.labyrinthitis.org.uk/ & http://www.vestibular.org (http://www.vestibular.org/)

krja80
24-02-10, 17:20
You guys can't imagine how much your stories mean to me. I feel uplifted knowing that I'm not alone in all of this b/c I feel so alone so much of the time. I am surrounded by friends and family but when I'm in this "state" I feel like I have nobody and even though I can't see your faces, it gives me comfort to know that this path is well traveled and that I'm not facing something that is completely new. In saying that, I also wish that this forum didn't have to exist and that we didn't have to suffer...nobody deserves this life, this is hard...but this is life and I'm thankful through it all to be alive. Thank you for your feedback. You are all very brave.