PDA

View Full Version : Clogged ear, possible enlarged lymph node?

MOMINPANIC
24-02-10, 16:35
On Sunday night, my right ear all of a sudden felt warm and stayed like that for a couple hours. That went away, but since then that same ear has felt clogged and at times hurts a little bit, and every once in awhile I feel a little pain that goes down my jaw line from that ear. I am also a little more congested on that side than usual. I have a history of sinus problems, especially on that side, but over the past month have been doing sinus washings, and that really seems to have helped. I also notice a lymph node under my jaw on that side seems a little bit enlarged compared to the opposite side. I'm really trying hard not to freak out about that lymph node and logic is telling me it has to be associated with the congestion and clogged ear. Should I be worried about this? How long do you think I should wait before going to the doctor? Please help me to stay calm :weep:

RosieXXX
24-02-10, 18:26
Hello Mominpanic,

Don't freak out - your logic is right - your swollen lymph node is most certainly caused by your congestion and clogged ear. I don't think you should wait to see a doctor, because ear infections need to be treated promptly, I expect you will need some antibiotics. Hope you will be feeling better soon.