PDA

View Full Version : Ectopics?

Ella_Jayne
24-02-10, 18:08
Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on here in a while mainly because I've been really busy and have been coping a lot better with my HA and panic. But yesterday I had a bit of a bad turn. When I was out I felt a flutter in my chest, then again every few minutes. After about 10 mins of getting them I checked my pulse which felt like there was extra beats and didn't feel like my pulse was regular. After a few mins it went back to normal and the fluttering stopped, but I was still worried. I went to the hospital as my doctors surgery was closed and they did an ECG and so on and said I was fine. I've previously had an Echocardiogram and a 24 hour holter monitor, both came back with normal results.

Even though the results have come back normal I'm starting to worry about my heart again. The doctor said that it could have been a batch of ectopics that I was experiencing. But since I've never felt an irregular pulse before I am really scared that it might happen again and that it might be something dangerous. When you have ectopics can you get a few in a row? Does your pulse usually feel irregular when you get them, like extra beats?

nomorepanic
24-02-10, 18:20
Hi there

Have a read of the palpitations website page on the left and we also have a whole sub-forum dedicated to this so have a read of the posts in there.

It sounds normal to me though and you have had an ECG so you are ok in that respect.

nomorepanic
24-02-10, 18:21
The sub-forum is here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=48

fisher
24-02-10, 18:27
hiya, listen i suffer from health anxiety and i got diagnosed when i was 28yrs old i am now 36, it is ventricular ectopics, i can feel them when i get them, its like your heart just either has an extra beat or skips, i had them about 2yrs ago for a full week continious, i was that scared i went private to see a cardiologist, he just done an ecg and all i got told was they arnt serious and people can have hundreds a day and some people just dont feel them, you can go on beta blockers for them but i would rather not, i get them more if i am stressed or i have been running, please dont worry you have had tests done, if you need anymore help just msg me xxx:flowers:

Typer
24-02-10, 20:47
I have them every day and have done for months....never have a day without them and I hate them

Jimpy
24-02-10, 21:51
I get them alot but I know my cardiologist said they where nothing unusual so I am more relaxed when they come. They catch my breath sometimes which is annoying.

Hope you feel a little better knowing others get them, I have only had them come one after the other a couple of times and it has mostly been when I have been really stressed.

jim