PDA

View Full Version : Aneurysm Fears

SocialTool
24-02-10, 23:10
I have this on again/off again fear of having a blood clot in my brain. This causes me anxiety whenever I get a headache or a stiff neck. Also, I recently discovered that when I orgasm I fear that I will have one because I tend to hold my breath a lot during climax. So much so that I can hear my blood rushing in my ears. The intelligent part of me says that I shouldn't be worried since there is NO history of circulation problems in any of my family whatsoever and I am only 29. The scared part of me thinks impending doom whenever I get a silly twinge in my head. Any advice as to what I can do to reassure myself?

nomorepanic
24-02-10, 23:27
Ok I don't want to be harsh here but if you had a clot in your brain I don't think you would live that long if it went untreated.

The fact that you can come on here and post about it kind of tells me that you are ok.

As long as the GP has checked you out then it is probably tension headaches or head zaps which are harmless.

hugs
24-02-10, 23:34
Hi there, just wanted to let you know that I have massive aneurym fears and brain tumour fears basically I'm just about afraid of every brain problem and have suffered with this for 16 months now. The problem with me is that I am always so conscious of my head that I feel aches and pains all the time and bring on all these sensations myself just by thought this has lead to tremendous anxiety which has given me many more symptoms and Ive convinced myself that because I have given myself so many head sensations etc that I will actually cause an aneurysm. I'm currently undertaking CBT and I have been told that I have no chance of being referred for a brain scan so I'm finding it very difficult to accept that there isn't a problem......

xxx

nomorepanic
24-02-10, 23:40
Hugs - the same applies to you - if you had a problem you would be in agony now and not able to function.

I doubt it is very much a brain tumour as after 16 months you would be either very very ill or dead!

I am not making light of this I am trying to make you both rationalise here and see that there are so many other reasons for headaches.

I did a sticky post under symptoms about it so please read that.

I am sure you are both ok and as long as doc has checked you out and said you are ok then you have to accept it is anxiety.

SocialTool
24-02-10, 23:48
I meant of a blood clot forming...OF COURSE I don't think I'd be walking around with a blood clot. :huh: I guess it stems back to an article I read where a girl was with her partner and she had a stroke afterwards. Freak accident, but the way the media is they made it seem like it is entirely possible. I come here to offer and sometimes take compassion. Not to be trivialized or seem like I am unintelligent. I know it could be tension headaches or head zaps. Most of us anxiety sufferers are HIGHLY knowledgeable about every nook and cranny of the medical libraries that are out there. Where we suffer, or should I say, what we lack, is the ability to pull the plug on that primal hypothalumus that tells us to fight or flight. Hence stuck in a cycle. A rough day you made have had, yes, but don't be snide to me.

hugs
24-02-10, 23:54
My symptoms have gotten progressively worse where I literally have a headache all day everyday and there is always that fear of 'Yes I have definitely caused an aneurysm now and it is close to haemeraging any day now'. I sound ridiculous reading this back but the headaches are so immense and practically take over my life that it's hard not to think something more sinister is happening.

nomorepanic
25-02-10, 00:03
I meant of a blood clot forming...OF COURSE I don't think I'd be walking around with a blood clot. :huh: I guess it stems back to an article I read where a girl was with her partner and she had a stroke afterwards. Freak accident, but the way the media is they made it seem like it is entirely possible. I come here to offer and sometimes take compassion. Not to be trivialized or seem like I am unintelligent. I know it could be tension headaches or head zaps. Most of us anxiety sufferers are HIGHLY knowledgeable about every nook and cranny of the medical libraries that are out there. Where we suffer, or should I say, what we lack, is the ability to pull the plug on that primal hypothalumus that tells us to fight or flight. Hence stuck in a cycle. A rough day you made have had, yes, but don't be snide to me.

I did not trivalize it at all. I was stating facts. I was not snide either. I am not sure what help you want if you know so much about it that is all.
I told you that you I think you are ok and now you say I am being snide - well sorry for stating facts.

I don't do sympathy when I feel that hard facts work better. I could say yeah you are ok and I am sorry you feel this way but I was stating facts based on previous knowledge. Sorry if I offended you in any way.

nomorepanic
25-02-10, 00:11
My symptoms have gotten progressively worse where I literally have a headache all day everyday and there is always that fear of 'Yes I have definitely caused an aneurysm now and it is close to haemeraging any day now'. I sound ridiculous reading this back but the headaches are so immense and practically take over my life that it's hard not to think something more sinister is happening.

Please look up all posts by anx mum as a member as she was the same and it all went in the end but she had bad headaches for a long time and posted daily about it. Reading her posts may reassure you as she is fine now

SocialTool
25-02-10, 00:37
What works for one, does not work for the masses always. Please delete my account on your website.

KK77
25-02-10, 16:14
That's a bit harsh SocialTool. It may not work for you but it's always worth reading other people's experiences - after all, this is what this forum is about.

I think you must bear in mind that yes something like this could always happen - to ANY of us for that matter - but it's a very rare occurrence. We could be struck by lightening too or win the lottery, but these things are extremely rare (as we all know with things like winning the millions).

We can't live our lives thinking it's very rare but what if...? You say that you're worried about the possibility of it happening and my reassurance or advice or reasoning would be that the probability is that it never will happen to you. What's more fundamental is you looking for therapies (be it drug or talking) to help deal with your anxiety.

Good luck and I hope you reconsider about leaving because this really is a very good site.

randomworry
25-02-10, 16:35
i also have had daily headaches for months last year they went in the end.

all the best - the only thing to fear is fear itself

eeyorelover
25-02-10, 21:08
Wow!
Well first of all, during climax a person's heart rate goes up, respiration increases,pupils dilate, blood pressure goes up, all of these are normal physical responses.
Second, we have to all remember that we NEED someone to tell us that what we are feeling isn't going to strike us down! That we NEED someone to be the voice of reason and logic! If we didn't then would we really be coming on here posting about our symptoms?
Yes it is important to provide support and encouragement, that being said, it is just as important to tell each other that we CAN'T let the symptoms we feel interfere with us living our lives!
We have to give each other a gentle nudge in the right direction or we would all be wallowing in self pity and stuck in a never ending cycle of fear over what might be!
Lastly, to lash out at the person who is responsible for the very site that you find support and information thru is just plain wrong.
I'm not speaking as an admin here, but as a long standing member who is indebted to Nic and the site and will take on ANYONE who tries to belittle either!

Emotional outbursts are common when we are having a difficult time but after it is over and clearer heads have prevailed, someone should think about making it right and offering an apology!

xxx
Sandy