PDA

View Full Version : panicking now ! feel like i'm going to die HELP

Andromeda
25-02-10, 04:45
i'm so sorry everyone , i keep doing this and i don't mean to but i'm freaking out again , and im desperate , i'm on my own at uni so i can't call anyone for help , i don't even know whats wrong with me
i was just sat down before and i felt a weird sensation through my body , i'm guessing this was just an adrenaline rush but i don't know , now i'm just terrified .
my right hand feels all funny now and like it's not working properly .
it's trembling too and my head feels weird

i went to the bathroom before and had to hold on to the sink cause my legs felt like they were going to give way.

i'm so scared i'm going to drop down dead .... everyone around me keeps dying and i'm so scared i'm next , i keep getting better and then this happens because have this stupid niggling thing in the back of my head that is telling me i've got some undetected disease !!!!!!!!!!!

is this all just panic ? i'm so scared i'm about to die . :weep: i just took my propranolol about 20 minutes ago so hopefully that should calm me down over the next hour .

some days i'm strong enough to fight against my head and get on with my life , then there are days like this where i feel like i can't .

i'm so sorry :weep:

Andromeda
25-02-10, 04:50
just quick side note , if i was going to drop down dead i wouldn't be able to sit here and type this would i ? therefore it must be anxiety because if something was seriously wrong with me it would have surfaced in the 7+ months that i've been suffering from anxiety ?

i know the right things to say to myself , just sometimes i need extra reassurance ! :(

eva82
25-02-10, 05:37
There is nothing for you to be sorry about...we are here to help one another get through these feelings. I expierenced the same thing when I began having a panic attack at work. I could have sworn that I was having a stroke or something (by the way, my god mother had just had a stroke a few weeks before!). I remember I kept grasping the pencil that was in my hand because it just felt so numb and "weird". Then my whole left side began to feel weird, right down to my feet. I went home, crawled into bed, and just kept thinking "this is it...I'm going to die". Luckily I ended up calling my mom, and she came right over and really help calm me down. I still experience similar fellings now and again, but I try to calmly tell myself it is just my anxiety, and calling on others for support, whether on this forum or my family, really helps me get through it. Please keep us posted on how you are feeling. Sending lots of hugs your way...
~Eva

lubelle
25-02-10, 06:30
Hey there!

I'm new here and i totally know what you're going through. I also get those funny feelings like dizziness or something in my head, horrible, and that makes the attack worse. I can be ok, then WHAM, it hits....also get so so hot, but no temperature! and then I just can't function. It is horrible, but just know we are out here knowing what you're going through..if you want to talk, don't worry, I don't mind :yesyes: