PDA

View Full Version : I suffer with GAD and I'm new here

seabee
25-02-10, 10:57
I'm not that good with computers, so may take time for me to get the hang of this forum.

I'm 23, female, married, I have been suffering with symptoms of GAD for at least 2 years. I was only diagnosed with the condition September last year. I have had counselling, which I found helpful.

I still have bad days, when I can't put a finger on what is wrong, and everything seems dull. But I get through them, I make myself bake cakes when I feel like that, or go for a run... Distraction technique.
I have refused taking anti depressants.

I had a fall at work on monday, landed heavily on my coccyx, I have been off since, but was prepared to go back today, only to work light duties as wouldn't be able to manage usual tasks. But as I was about to leave my house, I felt the colour run out of me, I came over hot, nauseous and dizzy, I had to go to the bathroom urgently. I hadn't experienced an attack like that for a while, now I'm nervous about tomorrow, please help.
I couldn't speak to my counsellor today, so I found this site, Seabee

nomorepanic
25-02-10, 11:02
Hi seabee

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
25-02-10, 11:40
Hi Seabee, Welcome to NMP, you will find it helpful and supportive here :welcome: Paige x

Patty
27-02-10, 13:45
Hi Seabee

:welcome:to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers: