PDA

View Full Version : A message for my agoraphobia!

diane07
25-02-10, 15:12
I have learned that through the stages of agoraphobia, that all the things i avoided because i was too scared of you, you won, as i stopped doing them. ie: trains, buses, shops, etc.

All the ones i ignored you and fought for, i overcame, ie: still going to work, still going out, the pub, the theatre etc.

Today i went to a supermarket on my own, stood in a long queue and decided that if you want to rear your ugly head, then bring it on as i'm not moving out the queue...............i think i scared you off, as you never came.

So tomorrow, i have to go to Wales, i can do this journey in the car with my partner driving, i couldn't do this two years ago, but its something else i won you over on, however!!! tomorrow i have decided that i will do the journey by train, its a long time since i have been on a train...........but i've decided, its my life and i'm just gonna steal it right back.

So bring it on agora!! come do your worst:mad:

I'm getting on that train, whether you like it or not.!!

ps. sorry guys! just putting my agora in its place:yahoo:

ladybird64
25-02-10, 15:32
Go for it Di..I know you can do it.

Besides..I need someone to aspire to at the moment so go kick the agora's butt :hugs:

spaced
25-02-10, 15:46
:yesyes: go for it put the agora in its place and kick its back side:buttkick:

sunshine-lady
25-02-10, 17:35
Well done Di :yahoo:

Going on a train is a real biggie!! Let us know how you get on.

Di 1 - Agora 0 :hugs:

sb001f8994
25-02-10, 21:27
This is great to hear Di, about time that agora got its butt well and truely kicked...could you come round and sort mine out next?!

eeyorelover
25-02-10, 22:32
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DI!
KICK THAT AGORAPHOBIA RIGHT IN THE VERTICAL SMILE!!!
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

eeyorelover
25-02-10, 22:32
Dang that turned out bigger than expected!
Sorry!!!
;)

onceagain
25-02-10, 22:35
Go girlie...

What a great message and hope it heard you loud and clear...you have achieved so much and I'd be scared to upset you lol.

You should be so proud of yourself ...have a great journey we are all rooting for you x

nomorepanic
25-02-10, 22:45
Di

You go do it girl

Message from your agro - haha Di I can beat you and I will win so there :ohmy::ohmy:

Kick ass Di mate. Let us know how you get on.

diane07
26-02-10, 13:55
Thank you all for your replies,

carol i'll come and help you sort out your agora bully too!!

My train is at 4.30pm, i have my nmp ted and my camera, i haven't dwelled on the journey as i know........the thought is always worse than the deed, i am very focused on nothing bad will happen, apart from a bit of a scuffle between me and the agora.

But i intend to win:shades:

di xx

belle
26-02-10, 14:01
THUMBS UP!

suzy-sue
26-02-10, 14:22
Good for you Di :yesyes:...Kick it up the backside ..:emot-highfive::buttkick:.....Hope you have a good trip ..Luv Sue x

SueBee
26-02-10, 14:35
Good luck Di - kick the agora in the butt :hugs:

Sue xxx

diane07
28-02-10, 13:35
Well i did it and i have to say, what a piece of cake it was.

Another phobia well and truly kicked in the butt.
When i first sat on the train, i was quite tense and waiting for the panic, until i realised very quickly what i was doing.
Silly di, i know better than to sit and wait for panic, as it would have come, i took a good look around me and watched how everyone else on the train seemed to be so calm, then just watched the scenery all the way to Wales.

In all the things i have achieved with my agoraphobia, this has got to be my biggest achievement and i can't tell you how fantastic i felt.

Onwards and upwards.

di xx

sb001f8994
28-02-10, 15:54
Well done Di, we often invite panic to join us even if we dont really intend to! This is such a huge achievement, I imagine you are on cloud nine, I feel great just going to my local somerfield.
Very best wishes x

PoppyC
28-02-10, 19:43
Well done, Di!!!
I don't think I could do that - not without panicking and hyperventilating all the way.
You should be so proud of yourself!!! :flowers:

mummy4
28-02-10, 21:26
well done di thats fantastic xx

ditzygirl
28-02-10, 21:53
Well done Di and ur right the deed is never as bad as the thought.

diane07
16-04-10, 11:15
Right Mr Agora!!!

Today i am going to do the school run on my own, i know i haven't done it for two years because you kept appearing at the playground:mad:

But not today, as you aren't invited there, you're no longer a part of my life now.

HEED THIS WARNING AGORA CHAP!! IF YOU TRY AND APPEAR I WILL KICK YOUR BUTT BIG TIME.

Psst.......... sorry guys just making things clear to my agora:D

diane07
16-04-10, 15:47
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I won :yesyes:

TTBP
16-04-10, 17:10
Well done!!

:yahoo:

ladybird64
16-04-10, 17:17
Of course you did-never doubted you for a second. :D

You've cracked it Di, life is going to be good mate. Congrats, I know how much work you have put into this. :yesyes:

willitstop
16-04-10, 18:34
Well done on all your achievements :)

I wish i had your will power to kick my agora's butt, agora wins everytime with me :( :(

mick_uk
16-04-10, 19:44
Well done Di :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Redrainbow
16-04-10, 19:57
Hello Di,,,
Not only are you one of the kindest people i have met, you are also an incredible person too, the way you fight on even though what you have been through the past few weeks. You are an example to everyone, really you are,,,,,With your will i think the future can only hold good for you,,,
Regards your friend Wayne,,xx

bottleblond
16-04-10, 20:04
Di

What an inspiration you are mate. I am SOOOOO proud of you!! :yesyes:
I truely believe there ain't anything you can't do now. You have grabbed Mr Agora but the short and curlies and gave him what for.

You go gal!! :yahoo:

Love Lisa
xxx

diane07
16-04-10, 20:06
willitstop :mad: agora is not stronger than you.

Anything can be achieved, but it does take some work, takes time and patience, but i promise you it can be done.

I remember when i first joined NMP and a member pmed me saying she had recovered agora, it was the sweetest major thing i ever heard as i needed some hope.

I never believed it, i wanted to, but i couldn't as i was in such a deep despairing place....................i got there...............and if i did so can anyone, you just have to keep pushing yourself.

Never ever give in to it, that is the key. It can seem a long road at times but it is worth it.

Anyone who wants help with dealing with agora i will gladly pm on a one to one basis but its not a quick fix, it does take time.

di xx

diane07
16-04-10, 20:12
Aww thank you guys for all your lovely kind words................it is so lovely to read.

I only come on this thread to talk to my agora as for some strange reason it helps me get through stuff.

I really want to help others get through and combat this, hence i have to keep adding to it.

We are all stronger than we think. All of us!!!!