PDA

View Full Version : Worrying about brain tumor again

sunflower7
25-02-10, 15:23
I have bad HA and have worried convinced myself that I have some seroius illness. I keep smelling different things that don't seem to be there. I get panicky when it happens as it comes out of the blue when I am not even thinking about it so its not like I am imagining it. I looked on the internet and have seen that sometimes people have a kind of seizure that means you smell different things and also you can experience De Ja Vu which I also had the other day. You can have these kind of seizures when you have a brain tumor. I am so worried about :weep:. I know it seems silly but I am really scared.

KK77
25-02-10, 15:47
Anxiety can cause a heightened awareness, Sunflower - sometimes of things that are not real. You're not going mad, having a seizure or a brain tumour. It's part of anxiety disorders.

When I was suffering really badly from HA a few years back I went through all types of strange sensations like having seizures and weird headaches that just appeared out of nowhere.

I think it would be a good idea to discuss your anxiety with your doctor because you don't want it to get out of control.

Hope you feel better soon - and remember that although these things are scary they can't harm you.

sunflower7
25-02-10, 16:04
Thanks so much for your help. I have really frightened myself reading everything on the net. I know its wrong but just want to know everything is ok. Only ends up making me feel worse. I am really embarassed at how easily i convince myself I have something.

Regards

Carys
25-02-10, 17:36
I have really frightened myself reading everything on the net.

I'm afraid at one time or other we've all been there....it is so easy to do a quick search and look for an answer to make yourself feel better. Unfortunately, in most cases, people searching google only find the facts that fulfill their worst fears. When I was at my most anxious I smelt many odd things, and one day I smelt strong roses - so I looked it up and lo and behold I came up with a brain tumour as the reason for it ! 12 years later and I'm fine and healthy. You would be wise to mention your strange smells to the doctor, but I bet you anything you'd be having loads of other symptoms and be unwell if you had anything seriously wrong. Anxiety can also change your sense of taste !

sunflower7
26-02-10, 08:53
Thanks for your help. It's nice to know that other people have felt the same. I started getting a few pains in my head last night and they are still here a bit this morning :weep:. Didn't sleep well so thats not helping.

Regards