PDA

View Full Version : alcohol use

Julia01
25-02-10, 22:00
hey guys. ive been takin 40mg of propranolol 2ce a day for the past month and its worked really well for me, i no longer have severe shaking from anxiety. my gp has told me that im gonna be taking the medication for the rest of my life and was just wondering how people have been in regards to the no drinking rule?! im a 21 year old uni student and although i havnt drank since ive been taking the medication i was wondering how strict other users had follwed the guidelines. thanks x

lior
25-02-10, 22:30
Hi, I'm on Citalopram and I'm not sure how similar the two are, but whenever I drink (even just a little bit) I have a day afterwards where I'm too depressed to even move - the alcohol completely blocks the effects of the drug. However as soon as I take another one I'm ok, as long as I don't drink any more.

That's personal experience - but everyone is different, you won't know unless you try it. Be aware that it could send you into a relapse, so make sure you have a free day the day after the night you drink.

I've gone teetotal and I miss wine so much :( good luck xx

empty mind
26-03-10, 10:47
personally it leaves my body feeling drained and takes me a while to recover, but that might just be me. i would try have just a couple first and see how you feel